HELP NEED ADVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
I am hoping to hear from the lady by tomorrow...I knew she was busy today so didn't really expect an email even tho I checked frequently...I have been dreaming of these turtles since I first saw the CL ad. I only hope she didn't change her mind. will keep updating everybody.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Hey all,

I wanted to post this pic for you feedback..i forgot to mention this "crucial" part to my turtle adoption. I am re-home some turtle from Craigslist that are living in what i feel are bad conditions. This is a pic of the female 3 toed box turtle I am getting...the lady told me that she bought the turtle from a pet store over 10 years ago and the turtle had a "shut eye" and also a "drilled hole in her side for a leash"....

She was very active in the tank moving and climbing so she looks to be healthy...I will have her checked by a vet to make sure, however what is your feedback and/or advice about the hole? :( will it heal or is it in a way a "scar"

Regards
Jojo :tort:

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
im not seeing any hole? it may be in the side of the shell? if so this is simply pitting not a drilled hole but i cant see exactlywhat your describing

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Hi,

That is what the lady told me, but I am beginning to think she is not so truthful. I just hope the turtle turns out to be female!..All I know is once I get them home they will be fine.....

Jojo

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Well....

the turtles are home with me now...and wow did we hit the jackpot!!... I looked up all the stuff online and put a pricetag on them... this is about what i got

‎$25 heat rock, $15 heat rock, $18 clamp lamp, $8 heat bulb, $20 medium turtle hide away log, $30 large turtle hide away log, $20 combo pack of food and water dishes..$5 vitashell cream, $10 multi vitamin, $10 calcium +D3 ...this is just some of the stuff I got with my turtles today...plus 125 gallon tank and stand ($$$ unknown)..and 2 turtles.

The 125 gallon tank and stand used is selling for over $1000.00 on other CL postings. Wowzers!!

I got it all for $100.00!!..SCORE!!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I knew that would be a great score....the tank alone would have cost you a fortune. VERY lucky indeed!!! And what fun you are going to have setting that up to mimic a natural habitat....I love this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.