Help on sizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie23

5 Year Member
Hi

I have recently had a sulcata tortoise that my brother bought and he wasn't told how big they would actually get so we re homed him so he could get the best care for when he is older and gets bigger but I'm wanting another tortoise now but not sure what the best option Is as I want something that won't grow to big any ideas ?

Thanks

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Realistically, how much room do you have at home for a tortoise table? How big is the biggest table that you could accommodate comfortably? It is possible to deign a two level enclosure to give a tort more space.

If you can give us an idea of the space available, it's easier to help you with a specie of tort :)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Knowing what kind of space you have will determine what species of tortoises is recommended...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Where do you live? Climate plays a big part in the specie's I choose. Some hibernate and some need to be warm all year long. Do you plan to eventually let the tortoise live outside, or will weather force it to be inside most of the year?

I like leopards, red foots, and any of the genus. Like the hermanni, Russians and Greeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.