Help RES skin infected

LeoTotti

Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
Saw a blister like thingy on my Totti's mouth..it keeps on yawning..someone plz advice..thanksImageUploadedByTortForum1398342435.982161.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think you have two different health issues going on. The yawning usually means the tortoise has a respiratory infection. The bump is some sort of cyst or abscess.

The baby needs to be on antibiotics. It would help him if you could warm his water up to about 85F degrees to help him fight the infection.

LeoTotti

Malaysia
Thanks yvonne, I was told by a local pet shop person that the cyst or the small bump also might appear if the turtle is lack of calcium ,so he suggested me a calcium powder and it works :) However,it still keep yawning,how to overcome this ?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
cyst or the small bump also might appear if the turtle is lack of calcium ,

Hmmm, that is an interesting one...a new one by pet shop staff....I would be soooo very interested if you would please inquire with the pet shop clerk exactly where this nugget of opinion came from? :D

M

Maggie Cummings

How would calcium help and abscessed ear/ cyst? Doesn't make sense. But I do agree it has a resp infection. Follow Yvonne's advice...