Help sulcata not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

qixer01

10 Year Member!
He is 4 inches long. I have had him since he was a hatchling. He has not eat in a week. I had upped the temps and increased soak times and temps. He won't move and barely holds his eyes open. He just looks sick. Without a vet visit any ideas.

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Not eating in a week is pretty bad. May be time to see the vet - your tort could be 1 week into a health problem already.

Need a lot more info to guess at whats happening. (There should be a standard questionnaire for health problems, its seems like the first 8-10 replies are always extracting necessary information)

Where do you live?:
Pet store purchase?:
Day Bulb Type:
Night-Time Heat Source:
Description of Weekly Diet:
Soak Temps / Frequency:
Substrate:
Enclosure Type:
Calcium Supplement? Frequency?:

Temperature Info:
Day-Time Cool Side:
Day-Time Basking Spot Temp:
Night-Time Cool Side:
Night-Time Basking Spot Temp:

pennyw

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
north carolina
i have a pair of golden greeks and they also was not eating for a week and would not come out of their hide. i took them to the vet and they had worms. i upped the temps gave them pumpkin with thier food and they only ate the pumpkin , so i put their medicine on that then they started coming around. now they are eatting like horses.
hopefully your tort doesnt have anything serious wrong with him... try some pumpkin just to see if he will eat it or cactus. something he really likes .. if he doesnt eat it i would take him to the tort vet.. good luck and hope he comes around. please keep us posted on him.

i know sullys are different from goldens , didnt want to compare the 2. again good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.