Help! Why me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
He hasn't been eating anything. He's drank during the sweet potato soak a couple times though. His yolk sac scar is now gone...so he should be getting hungry right? I've tried pellets 3 times and he runs from them.

M

Maggie Cummings

Macheteslaststep said:
He hasn't been eating anything. He's drank during the sweet potato soak a couple times though. His yolk sac scar is now gone...so he should be getting hungry right? I've tried pellets 3 times and he runs from them.

Normally they would bite at a wiggling something but since he can't see you're gonna have to resort on smell. I would try a cut up nightcrawler. It's gross to cut them up, but it might work. If you bump his nose he will sooner or later open his mouth to bite and you have to be quick and shove the cut piece into his mouth. It quite a process you have to go thru to feed a blind animal, but once they catch on it gets easier...

Macheteslaststep

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NJ
Well, I went downstairs to do clothes and Vinnie was...

Out of the water and on the first step of the basking area! I woke him up and we tried eating again. He ate the end of a waxworm :D I got a second piece in his mouth 3 times and he spit it out all three times. I guess he said one was enough? He's still about the size of a nickle...and the piece was maybe 1 1/2 - 2 times the size of a pin head. Is that ok for the first time?

And he did lose the second eye so he is now blind completely. But the head tilt is gone!

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Sucks that he's blind, but to be able to climb onto the basking spot with no help is a great improvement!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would like to thank you for helping this little creature. Your heading says Help! Why me? Well that little creature has been entrusted to you for help.....kinda like "Help! Of course me, I can do it!" Sometimes the help is what we are suppose to do and the surviving part is up to a greater force...we can simply be the helping hand and the loving heart. I wish you and Vinnie a blessed journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.