Hi all

Status
Not open for further replies.

SulcataMummy

5 Year Member
Hi I'm new to Sulcata tortoise ownership and wanted to indroduce myself and ask for any usefull advice or information. I think we are doing just fine in our first week. Struggling to find a good name for her?
Also will she avoid garden weeds that are bad? Or will she just eat everything and anything? Lol she is 2 years old. I'm about to weigh her and give her a soak and start our 'growth diary' :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Is this your first ever tortoise? Bad news is, they do sometimes eat things they should not be eating. :( Good news is, they usually choose not to eat all the bad things and often especially as your sulcata gets more body mass, they can handle a lot of the "bad" things they do eat. Still you need to watch out for them, just as you would baby proof your home.

SulcataMummy

5 Year Member
Well I've been picking lots of clover and dandelion and washing that for her. I've also planted a special flower bed with lots of weeds to grow for her :) today she is head bobbing so I'm intrigued to know whether it's a breathing habit or maybe a boy? :-/
Thank you for all your kind welcomes!

Status
Not open for further replies.