Hi Everyone, I am Jeff Hattem. I live in Northern California. I currently keep27 tortoises.

Jeff Hattem

Hi Everyone, I am Jeff Hattem. I live in Northern California. I currently keep 27 tortoises. 9 Indian stars, 2 red foots, 11 Russians 4 Eastern box and 1 Hermann's

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Do you get many russian babies each year?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
salutations, nice collection you have there.

Jeff Hattem

Hi Tom,
All of the breeding sized adults are new to me, so the current answer is I don't know. The previous owner said he got several clutches each year from the 6 very large females, but he never incubated them. I'm waiting with incubators at the ready. I will post if I have results to report. All of the torts in my collection have been acquired since November of last year. This has been a dream of mine since I was a kid, and I just decided not to wait any more.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Hattem

I hadn't anticipated quite how much work is involved. Fortunately my business is at home so I manage...barely. Will start posting pics when my wife teaches me how to upload from the camera. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Jeff welcome to the TFO from AZ. Wish you luck cause torts are like " Lays Chips " you can have just one . Have a great tort day :)

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Thanks Ken! Sounds like we have some stuff in common. I too have a wonderful wife, 2 dogs (soon to be 3 and then??? more), 1 cat, just let go of 14 aquariums to make room for the chelonians!
LOL. My wife is the fish keeper of the family. My signature is old. I've got 7 sulcata and 13 russian tortoises now. Gave my son the Uro. He has a young family and the Uro fits in well there.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello Jeff and Welcome. This is a great place to learn and share. My wife and I are also kinda new to the wonderful world of Tortoise. We started our collection just little more than a year ago and we have 17 torts now. My wife is a full time tortos's Mom that is how we managed all the care of them.

Really nice to have you here and looking forward to see the photo of your collection. I specially love to see your 9 Indian Stars.

M

Maggie Cummings

What? No Sulcata??? Welcome Jeff...Looking forward to photos...