Hi Everyone

Emily A

Hey there fellow shell-lovers!
I've been reading the forum for a while now, but this is my first post. I'd like to introduce everyone to T S Shelliot, my Russian. I have had him for around six months, initially my plan was to get a rescue tortoise but I wandered into PetCo one day and saw him in a tiny glass aquarium being fed something that looked like (but hopefully wasn't) Captain Crunch Berries. At that moment, I felt like he kind of was a rescue tortoise and had to save him.
I've found the forum incredibly helpful so far, I haven't needed to post because all my questions have already been answered!
I would love a couple of questions answered though - the first being confirmation that he is actually male? I've guessed as much from his tail and the "V" shape his shell makes near his tail, but really I know nothing about these things.
Secondly - any ideas about how old the little guy is? I assume, being from PetCo, he's WC, but of course they couldn't help me regarding specific details (or anything else, really).
Thanks everybody (T S Shelliot thanks you too).
Emily.

IMAG0535.jpg IMAG0544.jpg IMAG0545.jpg IMAG0546.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Glad you decided to join in. Also glad this forum helped you out a lot already. The russians from Petco are usually WC and their estimated ages range from 5 to 7 years maybe even more. Unfortunately there is no way of tellng for sure.
As for sex, I will leave that upto someone that has more experience than me. @Tom should able to confirm.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Emily and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and T.S. Shelliot. (great name).
Looks like a boy to me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Emily! I love your tortoise's name. And yes, he is a boy.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Emily welcome to the TFO from AZ . You don't have to wait to have questions , you can help others also . You already know more then most , you found the TFO . Have a great tort day !

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome! ! ! !