Location (City and/or State)
CA
Welcome I hope you enjoy your visits here
Pancakes are such a neat tortoise.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Thanks!! I think she's pretty cute. I've been trying to do everything right for her.... She came from a breeder that didn't believe they need uvb and she has some shell issues. Any other suggestions on trying to correct this? She is my first tortoise and I've now had her a month.

She has a mv bulb in her enclosure and I take her outside to graze at least 3 days a week. She gets spring mix, all the "good" weeds and grass she can eat while outside. She gets calcium and vitamin supplements on her spring mix and she has a cuttlebone. I soak her several times a week and she has a ramp water dish in her enclosure also.

She eats great and is very active. Has lots of personality too.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Hope this gives you an idea of what her shell looks like. My concern is the indented crease she has across her back. She has more pyramiding than I am comfortable with also. I know the CB tend to not be as smooth as WC but is this excessive?
Thanks! Cyndi

IMAG0342-1-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG0562-1.jpg

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
jvaldes55 said:
Hi and welcome! Love your pancake, I have a bit younger one myself :)

How old is yours? Mine is only 2.75 inches but I don't have any idea how old she is. I was told she was incubated to be a female but not sure on that either as she us so small still.

johanna

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
How old? That shell could be nutritional as well as lighting. Obviously something was lacking when she was growing. My captive bred has pyramiding but not that bad. Sounds like you are doing everything right. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.