Hibernation

sir prince

I have read some info on hibernation but I'm not sure how to go about. I have had Prince for 4mths he is doing great. We live in an apartment in central Illinois temp is a consistent 73 in apartment. Prince's habitat is equipped with all the lights and heating. So will he know or show signs do I even have to. Please help!!!

sir prince

You don't have to hibernate him. Until you have had him for a year it is hard to know if he is healthy enough. There is a process to do it safely and correct. Toms answer here is a good explanation.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...ernate-everyones-thoughts-please.16440/page-2
Thankyou I will read foresure. I'm not quite sure how old he is he was not a baby but not full grown I'd say 4-5 inches long 4 wide? Store "petsmart" where I got him did not know. He seems good has a routine eats fine normal bms and sleep pattern.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
You don't "have" to hibernate him, but he might try anyway. You have to decide if you are going to hibernate, or if you intend to keep him up. Two different courses of action...