Hingeback diet ?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Depends on species.

If I recall you have a homeana(forest hinge back)
I feed my homeana a main diet of mushrooms, select fruits, and kale sometimes turnip heads with the turnip. They will occasional take a bit or two out of the greens,kale, and turnip itself. But prefer the papaya, mango, bell pepper, carrots, and 8ball zucchini. There favorite is mushrooms. Button, Puccini, oyster, shiitake, and portobello. They really prefer mushrooms a lot. But they hold little nutritional value and aren't that filling. So it can get expensive. That's why you mix it up a bit.

Savanna species, natals, lobatse, bells, Nogyuei, domergueyi, speks, and zombensis
Will need grasses, broadleaf weeds, and some peppers is what indeed all my savannah species. The nogyuei I will occasional give an earthworm or some crickets. The zombensis is active typical very early in the mornings and dusk in the wild, and much more active after rain showers, so they do favor mushrooms a lot too.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Hohhot I forgot about the protein for the homeana, which goes for erosa too. Boiled chicken, hard boiled egg, mice, crickets, or mazuri croc chow is given 2 times a week every other week to them. You can also use cat food or dog food. But those foods are manufactured for mammals and have a lot of filler unnecessary for reptile. So you can get canned box turtle food or earth worms instead.

natik

Depends on species.

If I recall you have a homeana(forest hinge back)
I feed my homeana a main diet of mushrooms, select fruits, and kale sometimes turnip heads with the turnip. They will occasional take a bit or two out of the greens,kale, and turnip itself. But prefer the papaya, mango, bell pepper, carrots, and 8ball zucchini. There favorite is mushrooms. Button, Puccini, oyster, shiitake, and portobello. They really prefer mushrooms a lot. But they hold little nutritional value and aren't that filling. So it can get expensive. That's why you mix it up a bit.

Will they eat fresh carrot or you have to steam/boil it? And do I have to cut it into small peaces?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Will they eat fresh carrot or you have to steam/boil it? And do I have to cut it into small peaces?
Fresh is best. I also leave them whole and let them scrape bites out of it. Foods like that help with beak being shorter.