How to attach liner to rigid foam?

Wolfen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I insulated the outdoor night box for my 10 inch leopard tortoise like this.
IMG_20200804_212539.jpg

Then I was struggling how to attach this shower pan liner to the bottom part because I'm worried my tortoise will ruin or worse, eat the rigid foam

IMG_20200813_193207.jpg
But I don't know how, I tried gluing but it didn't work. So for now I used leftover rigid foam to keep it in place by wedging it between and it doesn't look neat and it's flimsy.

Help?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Liquid nail is your friend.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Which kind? Does it work on the foil side of the rigid foam? And wouldn't melt the foam? Because some do melt the foam
Just regular liquid nail. I don't think it will melt the foam. I used it on foam board in my night box. You could maybe do a nice layer of liquid nail around the top. Them cut some small like 1" x 1" strips to fit and screw them in around the top to hold it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I insulated the outdoor night box for my 10 inch leopard tortoise like this.
View attachment 303583

Then I was struggling how to attach this shower pan liner to the bottom part because I'm worried my tortoise will ruin or worse, eat the rigid foam

View attachment 303584
But I don't know how, I tried gluing but it didn't work. So for now I used leftover rigid foam to keep it in place by wedging it between and it doesn't look neat and it's flimsy.

Help?
You have to sandwich the foam between layers of plywood. It can't work the way you are doing it. There needs to be framing to attach the plywood to. Here is more info:

More pics showing how to do this:

Wolfen

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Just regular liquid nail. I don't think it will melt the foam. I used it on foam board in my night box. You could maybe do a nice layer of liquid nail around the top. Them cut some small like 1" x 1" strips to fit and screw them in around the top to hold it.
The shower pan liner is pretty thick and heavy though. Do you think liquid nails will handle it?