How To Make a Night Box? Hide-out?

waterbaluga

Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
Hi all! My sulcata, Banjo, is two months away from hitting two years old. He stays outside from the time I wake up, and as it gets dark, I bring him inside for him to sleep. However, I have started to think that it may be a good time to keep him outside fulltime. At night, he sleeps in a decent sized container with the substrate and has a heating lamp if needed. But, he is getting bigger, and I believe he will be able to grow and be more comfortable in a larger house that I can fit outside.

I live in Hawai'i, so the night temperatures range from the 70s to high 80s year-round. The only predators nearby that could somehow get into his enclosure are mongoose, stray/outdoor cats, and maybe mice and rats. However, I am still nervous to leave him out. Thus, I want to build a little secure hut for him so nothing can get in and he can be protected. I am not sure where to start, though.

Does anyone have any pictures of your torts' outdoor night box/hide-away?

Edit: Also, Hawai'i is infamous for having a lot of centipedes. I don't know if they'd attack a tortoise but I saw one near his enclosure outside recently.

Last edited: