Huge russian female

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
I have a female Russian that has similar odd growth patterns too-I just assumed she had been over fed and grew too quickly???
They were also being kept too dry in my opinion.
Only had these 6 Russians a couple of weeks so still getting to know them all.
I have photos of the female who I think grew too quickly(she is around 6 inches nothing on the size of Kelly's new female!!) and one of the nicer patterned girls.

P4010058_zpscf34c9f9.jpg

P4010057_zps108dd702.jpg

P4010059_zpsf16b4116.jpg

P4010061_zpsef8e6706.jpg

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
tortadise said:
They are like sisters louise.

Haha(I guess its actually possible??), maybe we should think of some funny sister names for them unless you have a name already??:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Tortoise said:
tortadise said:
They are like sisters louise.

Haha(I guess its actually possible??), maybe we should think of some funny sister names for them unless you have a name already??:D

Well I named her buffy. Like the vampire slayer. Because the male that be her breeding partner. His name is Satan. He is big and very aggressive. So shes big enough to handle him. Maybe the other girl that was on that show perhaps? I don't know to be honest I never watched it. Just rung a bell when in the genre of vampires, devils, etc..

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
RE: Huge russian female...me too!

It looks like I can join the 'Huge Female RT' club. I just was given a very large female RT, she's shorter than yours, a little over 7 inches, but of the kazachstani variety, so about as wide as she is long. She weighs 1014g. I'll post pics later. She has quite the interesting story.

Logan J

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1368733234.433429.jpg

My girl is a fatty as well

Last edited by a moderator:

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
pepsiandjac said:
Beautiful tortoise,
At what age do they stop growing?

Reptiles never stop growing. They have indeterminate growth, meaning that they continue to grow their entire lives. However, it does slow down a lot after a certain size, so that there does appear to be a roughly maximum size for each species. In the case of Russian tortoises, the females usually get to be around 8 inches SCL, but exceptionally 10 inches. As for males, they usually reach about 6 inches, but can get to 8 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.