Humperdink the radiata

Status
Not open for further replies.

dae

5 Year Member
Hi All,

I hope I am posting in the right place this time as my last post was moved, just wanted to introduce Humperdink, He is cb04 and is just over 15cms and 750g.

He's super confident and friendly and I totally love him!!!

His colours look different under his UV lamps and in natural light so I have posted both below for you!!

IMG_6734copy.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

IMG_6845.jpg

IMG_6861.jpg

xxx

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Holy cow! That's a fantastic looking tortoise. I haven't been around these much. I'm told they are very hardy and easy to feed and care for. Have you found this to be the case? Have you been raising him since '04? His shell looks great. What level of humidity was he raised with?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
He looks great Dae :)

Had to move this one too :p

Danny

dae

5 Year Member
Ha ha sorry Dan!!!!

I didn't raise him since 04 although I would love to take the credit. I only picked him up last week. He was grown very well by someone very knowledgable, he was fed on weeds, grasses etc (no fruit), the breeder barely feeds them for 3 months of each year so dosn't grow them all year round acahiving slow smooth growth. I think he is therefor rather small perhaps at 15cms for 6 years old. He keeps them in a greenhouse and does not monitor temp or humidity as such but showers them each evening as he believes that a dry enviroment causes them to pyramid very quickly. They certainly seem to be hardy so far, they have settled in with me better than any of my other torts did. They are also very friendly right away too.

Thanks for all your nice comments guys. The question now is whether I acheive the same growth results using what the breeder has told me!!!!

Forgot to add also that he only gives them a drink once per week and told me it is very important not to let them drink all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.