Hygrometer

Dipa

Location (City and/or State)
Mahesana,Gujarat,India
So i dont know any good hygrometer but i found this one on amazon
Is it good for my indian star cookie enclosure?Screenshot_2018-03-13-16-50-26-703_in.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
@Dipa as @Tom says, that one will work fine. I've had many similar that worked well for a year or more. However, I find the ones that you have to place in the enclosure are very susceptible to condensing humidity. Therefore, they are (or should) rated to work up to 80%. If in an enclosure that is consistently over 80% (like in our enclosures), they can start giving problems and just staying with a reading close to 100%. I have had better luck with ones with a remote sensor so the electronics is kept outside the enclosure with just the probe inside. I do not have experience with this one, but is one I found quickly on the Amazon India site in the same price range as the one you show above. You can see the remote sensor. I like something like that if you find you end up with problems with the other type.

Hygro india amazon.jpg

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
@Dipa as @Tom says, that one will work fine. I've had many similar that worked well for a year or more. However, I find the ones that you have to place in the enclosure are very susceptible to condensing humidity. Therefore, they are (or should) rated to work up to 80%. If in an enclosure that is consistently over 80% (like in our enclosures), they can start giving problems and just staying with a reading close to 100%. I have had better luck with ones with a remote sensor so the electronics is kept outside the enclosure with just the probe inside. I do not have experience with this one, but is one I found quickly on the Amazon India site in the same price range as the one you show above. You can see the remote sensor. I like something like that if you find you end up with problems with the other type.

View attachment 232953
So is this the good one?
I am not sure about the company because these kind of things are not used here..
So if you recommend it
I will order it. *smile*

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India

View attachment 232953
In india the reviews are mostky based on the digital watch not for humidity and temp that is what i think as per the review
So plz suggest me the good one.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So is this the good one?
I am not sure about the company because these kind of things are not used here..
So if you recommend it
I will order it. *smile*
I think either one will be fine for you, as many use the first type you show in your picture. I just like to go with a remote probe when I can. The one I linked for you looks like it may be lesser quality, but i was trying to find one with a probe to show you. I personally would go with one with a remote probe.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
So HTC or KREVIA or RRIMIN?
I have no experience with either of those brands in the US. I am simply relating my preference for a remote probe. I think either unit will work well for you. They are not very expensive and certainly will help you get things set up properly no matter which one you pick.

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
I have no experience with either of those brands in the US. I am simply relating my preference for a remote probe. I think either unit will work well for you. They are not very expensive and certainly will help you get things set up properly no matter which one you pick.
Sorry but i dont understand the part remote probe.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sorry but i dont understand the part remote probe.
The part of the unit that is actually sampling the air is on a wire and not in the unit. So the electronics of the unit is in a separate case, and the sensor is on the end of the wire - and that is put in the enclosure.

Dipa

Mahesana,Gujarat,India
The part of the unit that is actually sampling the air is on a wire and not in the unit. So the electronics of the unit is in a separate case, and the sensor is on the end of the wire - and that is put in the enclosure.
Ok
I got it
Now i have to search it
Tnx
If you know any company can you give me the name
Just for the example

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I've used Ambient products and they are available on Amazon India. They are probably more expensive.

For 400 Rupees (about $6) I think either one above is a great choice to start with.