I am so thrilled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid-Missouri
So I went to my local pet store today to check out the sales on aquarium items that they had and of course when I went to my favorite pet store I just had to say hi to their tortoises (PetSmart is my favorite pet store because they take such great care of their animals, they seem so happy and clean and well cared for!) and I ran into one of the employees who work in the pet care department and, since I'm in there a lot and that's also where I bought Ayden, they know that I like Russians, so the man says, "have you seen our new Russians that we got in?" and I hadn't so I immediately went to check it out and, low and behold, there was a female Russian tortoise in the pen! I was so happy! I plan on buying her on Monday when I get my paycheck, but I've never ran into a female Russian so I was so thrilled! Usually the stores in my area carry only male animals, so to find a female was, in my opinion, a great stroke of luck.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. They are holding it for you I hope. Would be so sad if they sold it before Monday.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
They know me pretty well there so they said that they wished that they could, but that they couldn't hold it for me without my paying for it so I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that it isn't sold before Monday. I would be devastated if they sold it before I got paid, but if they do then I'll just have to keep a closer eye on their stocks and hope that they get another one :)

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
After reading that last post I started to get worried so I called and asked them again if they could hold it for just a few days and they said that if I was definitely going to show up by Tuesday to pick her up then they could hold her for that long :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yippee!!!! So now you have your work cut out for you to get her isolation enclosure set up before Monday.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I had that done within a few hours after seeing her and getting home. I'm just waiting on the new light fixtures that I pick up when I pick her up to complete the enclosure :3

Status
Not open for further replies.