I am terrible with women :/

RayRay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
central texas
Ive been talking to a girl in the Philippines who is my uncles wife's cousin.

I thought everything was going great but then she stopped texting back for several weeks now.

I have depression, and because of that I always feel like I'm too talkative and needy, and I feel like I do worse talking to the person the more I like them.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Apparently something happened in the Philippines. One of the members has a girlfriend there and a disaster happened (flood or storm? I cant remember). He was not able to contact her for weeks. He finally received a message from her today or yesterday I believe.
But as Yvonne mentioned, just be yourself. Someone that likes you for you will come along.

RayRay

5 Year Member
central texas
she said she has been busy. She is in tarlac provenance has something happened there also?

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
she said she has been busy. She is in tarlac provenance has something happened there also?
I honestly dont know much about the Philippine area. Try googling Philippine disaster 2016. It says it was a storm, leading to a flood. You may be able to find more info. When was the last time you were in contact with her?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am the member mentioned above with the girlfriend in the Philippines. There was a huge fire recently in paranaque. plus her Facebook account was compromised and she cannot access it for 2 weeks with the fire no electricity it was pretty bad. all I can say is if you trust this girl and believe her that she's telling the truth then she might have been busy it's a different life over there than it is here by a large margin. I was depressed out of my mind after almost 2 weeks of not talking to her thinking every crazy possibility that I could think of plus some that I had to invent all I can say is if you believe her she was probably telling the truth if you don't believe her then there's nothing else that can be said. I've been dating this woman long distance for 2 years now I trust her with everything.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
Thank you @dmmj
When i googled, it showed up as a storm/flood, hmm. But again, im glad she was finally able to get word to you that she is safe.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
remember it's also been raining very heavily there for the past 10 days or so. That often causes lots of problems.

RayRay

5 Year Member
central texas
I am an idiot I didn't think of weather problems.

tarlac is on the north big island it looks like Paranaque is also?

She has posted sporadically on facebook.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
yes tarlac is south of Paranaque. a
Tbey've been having a hundred percent precipitation there for the past 10 days or so I would be inclined to believe this girl if it was me. but you have to make this decision yourself how long have you known her and. Has she been honest with you? there's a lot of factors for you to take in. I know whenever there's even light rain there they can lose power for a day or two 10 days of a hundred percent participation almost Monsoon weather it's possible that she was busy doing something else. Did she happen to say what she was busy doing?

RayRay

5 Year Member
central texas
before she was busy with exams and then she texted me on facebook saying "hi ray sorry I have been busy this last few weeks."

I had been thinking she didnt like me but she always is nice to me. I think it might just be my depression :/

I just feel anxiety a lot so ive been worrying, and i didn't even think to check the weather because she didn't mention it.

Her English is good just a little broken.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
before she was busy with exams and then she texted me on facebook saying "hi ray sorry I have been busy this last few weeks."

I had been thinking she didnt like me but she always is nice to me. I think it might just be my depression :/

I just feel anxiety a lot so ive been worrying, and i didn't even think to check the weather because she didn't mention it.

Her English is good just a little broken.
dude seriously she was busy with exams. Do you know how important education is to the average Filipino woman? I would believe her 100%
if it was me.

RayRay

5 Year Member
central texas
dude seriously she was busy with exams. Do you know how important education is to the average Filipino woman? I would believe her 100%
if it was me.

Exams are huge there? I know they are important to us but they are not shun your friends big.

I guess I dont know Filipino culture good enough yet, I have been asking her about their cuisine and she talked to me about the holy week, when it was happening.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Do you just text or actually talk too?

Prairie Mom

I'm so nosey that I can't resist peeking at a thread like this.:) I agree with Yvonne's post. Please don't kick me too hard, but I really think trying to start up an intercontinental relationship when you are currently emotionally vulnerable doesn't sound like something that will make you happy. -I'm thrilled to be wrong though! Take care of yourself, accept your strengths and weaknesses, and do the work to be the happiest, healthiest, most active and fulfilled version of yourself and you won't be lonely forever.

RayRay

5 Year Member
central texas
I'm so nosey that I can't resist peeking at a thread like this.:) I agree with Yvonne's post. Please don't kick me too hard, but I really think trying to start up an intercontinental relationship when you are currently emotionally vulnerable doesn't sound like something that will make you happy. -I'm thrilled to be wrong though! Take care of yourself, accept your strengths and weaknesses, and do the work to be the happiest, healthiest, most active and fulfilled version of yourself and you won't be lonely forever.

I really like her, its just I am on medication for depression, and I just get anxiety about stuff really easily.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My post is in reference to the title of this thread. Most if not all man are a lot of the time. So, you are not alone and are pretty normal. :D
Hope that gave you at least a little laugh and some comfort. Good luck. Keep busy to keep calm. Study up on her country, cuisine, etc. This will help you learn about her more and maybe even make you feel closer.
Would be pretty cool if your girl friend and @dmmj girl friend could meet up some day when things get better over there.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Just text she has the type of internet that only lets her connect to facebook.
you know that Facebook Messenger has a free video and phone call option on it?

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
my girlfriend actually will be out here next month September for my birthday & October for her birthday November for Thanksgiving and December for Christmas. traditionally the man goes and sees her in the Philippines and meet the family & she could show him off To all her friends. But with me being on dialysis a two week trip to the Philippines is out of the question so I instead asked her if she would like to come out her. if you like this girl and you maybe want to take it into more serious territory learn as much about her culture as you can. learn phrases in Tagalog such as Mahal Na mahal kita (I love you very much) or Miss na Miss Kita ( I miss you very much). those among several others will melt her heart if you plan on taking it further. for now whenever you text her and you say goodbye say ingat ka lagi ( take care always) it's one of the sweetest things you can say to anyone you care about.