I don’t even know where to begin

pacific chelonians

Location (City and/or State)
SanDiego California
I don’t know where to start, but the last month has been a legitimate nightmare. But here we go, when it comes to buying Tortoises. I will start by just making sure all the information adds up and then kind of just go with my gut. I’m usually right but this time I don’t know what happened. It all started when a gentleman reached out to me with 7 Cherry Heads that he needed to sell. I love Cherry Heads and they were priced fairly conservatively but not alarming Low. Therefore I decided to buy them so I sent him the money and it took a few weeks to get everything sorted and for him to ship. He was supposed to ship on a Monday after that Monday passed in a few days of not being able to get in contact with him, he informed me that he had lost his phone and that his wife had had a heart attack. I tried to be as sympathetic to this as I could and so I gave him another week to try to ship them out. Another Monday passes and I hear nothing from him again for a few days. Then I receive a text from his wife and I can’t even make up what she said in the message. Apparently his hybrid rattlesnake bit him and he was in the hospital and they wanted to amputate his arm. Once again I am sympathetic and ask the wife if she would be able to ship them out. I sent her a full guide on shipping them where to buy the label what FedEx to drop them off and everything that she would need to do. She tells me that she will ship them out on Monday. This is great news for me because it’s only two weeks in and she’s going to ship them, Monday again passes and she goes silent for a few days. She wasn’t able to ship that week obviously. I am finally able to get a hold of her over the weekend and apparently her husband will be back and will help her ship on Monday. My expectations are low but I still have hope. This Monday rolls around and I hear nothing. Finally on Tuesday he tells me that he’s going to ship today, I clarify with him that he’ll be shipping overnight and everything. He says yup and he send me a tracking number. Turns out he didn’t ship overnight just FedEx standard delivery. I’ve had plenty of tortoises get delayed over the years, luckily it’s only three days in the mail. So we’ll see what happens there’s not much I can do other than wait now. Anyone have a story like this or any advice

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I don't really think a rattlesnake is as toxic as many people exaggerate them to be. I've been bitten by a diamond back adult. It actually felt good!🤭🤠

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
I don't really think a rattlesnake is as toxic as many people exaggerate them to be. I've been bitten by a diamond back adult. It actually felt good!🤭🤠
Can’t say that makes me want to get bit by a rattlesnake but here’s the photo of the bite right after it happened tell me what you think

Attachments

• 6F3F6187-DEC9-4A0F-B6FE-D1B9121C85CA.jpeg
    6F3F6187-DEC9-4A0F-B6FE-D1B9121C85CA.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 9

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I was very drunk on a camping trip. But it ended up being no big deal at all! I got nailed on my hand like a jack ***. Just went home and never really was bothered by it ever again after getting the anti venom (😬 is that how you say it again? ) the best part was riding down a mountain in the back of my friends truck thinking I was about to die, while I hallucinated )

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Once my Dr explained the antivenom process to me and that it was almost an in and out process, I felt very, very relieved 😌

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Dose the package size and weight seem correct? Did you reverse image search the pictures he sent you? I had a friend have a similar experience a few months ago and everything turned out OK but the animals were horribly packed and I feel he got lucky I hope you do to.

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
Dose the package size and weight seem correct? Did you reverse image search the pictures he sent you? I had a friend have a similar experience a few months ago and everything turned out OK but the animals were horribly packed and I feel he got lucky I hope you do to.
Yea I did all of that I feel like the package weight is right about 12 lbs for 7 6-7 inch cherry heads

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Finally on Tuesday he tells me that he’s going to ship today, I clarify with him that he’ll be shipping overnight and everything. He says yup and he send me a tracking number. Turns out he didn’t ship overnight just FedEx standard delivery. I’ve had plenty of tortoises get delayed over the years, luckily it’s only three days in the mail. So we’ll see what happens there’s not much I can do other than wait now. Anyone have a story like this or any advice

Has the tracking number shown the it was picked up?

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
I smell scam scam scam - i will be shocked if you actually receive your torts.

Typical stories - lost phone, spouse gets heart attack, garbled texts, venomous snake bite, questionable shipping.

Hope you get them…..so, keep us all posted.

Caveat emptor.
Will do only reason I don’t think it is is because all of the tattoos match in the photos haha in the end of the day we will see what happens

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Sadly this has scam all over it. I just hope the package arrives with your tortoises and all are OK. Let's see if tatoo man delivers! Keep us posted.