I feel sick to my stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
I agree with Terry. She'd be in much better hands with you. :)

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
I am really sorry you're going through this. I think you should keep her as well.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Meg90 said:
Jackrat, that's a wee bit rude, don't you think? I wasn't born yesterday. The one on the first page of this thread was a recent photo of her. Notice that it does not show her body, or he tail at all. I took photos of her yesterday wherein she looked perfectly healthy. Its not a hard thing to do with any animal. This seller has nothing but glowing ratings with the BOI either.
Wasn't trying to be rude.Just curious,thats all.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I understand how you feel. She's already been through enough, and is in a weakened state. If you keep her you'll know she is getting the care she needs.

If the seller refunds your purchase price, you could probably afford a vet visit or two. I'm just afraid that the egg issue will cause serious, longterm and expensive procedures.

I hope she gets better so she can be a healthy, feisty pet worthy of the Meg Menagerie! :D

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I called for a phone consultaton, xrays are 127.32$ the initial exam is 68$ a shot of pitocin to see if that would help her pass the egg would be around 30$ at least, and surgery will be in the $200's. And antibiotics after the surgery would be another 30-40$

I got some tips from a friend on how to make her a bit more comfortable so she will lay it, but so far, no dice.

I'm still so upset. I wanted THIS gecko for months. I stared at pictures of her every day since January. But long-term we are talking around 400$ with no guarantee she will survive it.

I'm so upset that someone could let her get this bad. Two people mistreated her, one on purpose by breeding her the first time, when she was so small, and the other by negligence, and not having enough time to devote to her to help her fully recover.

He tricked me into buying her. When I look at that photo on the first page of this thread, you can see her hipbones (not as pronounced as now, but still very visible) so I KNOW that he saw how she was getting----:(

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
get a quote in writing from this Vet, send it to the seller, and have him pay for it. if he was going to take her to the Vet anyways, then why wouldnt he just pay your Vet? this saves $$ on shipping, and the stress the shipping would cause.

and most importantly, she would stay in your care.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I'm starting to feel a little sick to my stomach over tis whole thing.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I like Cory's idea. Or maybe the vet could be called with the shipper's charge card number, and can just bill him for the care and procedures.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Cory's idea sounds good. Frankly, I think if you tried to ship her back, it doesn't sound like she'd make it....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The seller was very quick to give you back your money. Now you must be quick about sending the animal back. Make arrangements to ship it first thing next week.

If there were going to be negotiations about vet bills, keeping the animal, etc. that should have happened prior to you getting your money back.

Send it back!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I thought the refund was NOT sent with the condition of returning her. I understood it as more of a good will gesture, rather than he required you to return it.

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
It's sooo heartbreaking cuz I'm sure even though this is all happening it's probably breaking your heart at the thought of sending her back. We all know as soon as you open the box you love her and are attached to her immediately. I hope it all works out for you and Primrose.

Status
Not open for further replies.