Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
RE: Which is smaller when full grown?

Who told you off? Did I miss something?

Full grown Greeks are similar in size to russians. Around 6-9" generally.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas

caits1300 said:
Thanks all I'm saying is I want a small tortoise and sorry to bother you all but you've probably answered this in my last question but how big does a golden Greek male get fully grown.:)

LOL. Its no bother. I'm just concerned that you are trying to chose an animal based on it's size. All of these types are similar in size by a few inches. Your choice should be based on many more variables than size. For instance, none of these would do well in even a large fish tank, however, a baby box turtle could possibly live in a medium sized fish tank for several years as the grow much slower.

Whitneyrae

I feel like you are just wanting a tiny, cute little tortoise and when it grows up you will lose interest and give it away, there is no such thing as a tiny tortoise, they all get big and they all need very large enclosures. Your best bet is to listen to the people on this forum, I have learned so much from them and if you just listen and take their advice I promise it will save you time, money, and your tortoise will get the best care possible.

caits1300

Which is smaller when full grown?

Yes I don't want a big tortoise.i want a small one.

Whitneyrae

caits1300 said:
Yes I don't want a big tortoise.i want a small one.

There is no such thing, if you want that small of an animal maybe you should consider getting a hermit crab, tortoises get big, they're a lot of work but all the time and work is worth it.

caits1300

Which is smaller when full grown?

Russians ones aren't that big neither Hermans or Greeks :p

caits1300

Bye

I'm leaving I've got no info just arguments out of this.i got no answers just moans.bye all.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
A hair flip on a tortoise forum? I've seen it all at this point. Yup.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, you do what you have to do, but you actually did get the answers to your questions, you just didn't pay attention, or else instead of the true answer, like what we gave you, you were wanting someone to tell you that yes, what YOU thought was the correct answer. Go back to Tortadise's response. He's listed all the tortoises and their full grown sizes for you. But I guess you didn't see that, because we didn't give you any answers.

(hair flip - LOL!!)

Whitneyrae

caits1300 said:
I'm leaving I've got no info just arguments out of this.i got no answers just moans.bye all.

This makes me mad! The great people on this forum don't deserve this kind of crap! Every question I've ever had has gotten immediate and accurate answers, without this forum I would be so lost and I've become very grateful for you all....Even if this girl doesn't appreciate you, I sure do! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Don't let it upset you. She was probably just trolling.

(Forum troll: In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.)

jaredherman

5 Year Member
Hahaha she sounded like a little kid that would probably do nothing but torture a poor tortoise.

Whitneyrae

I sent her that in a private message.... not those words exactly but the same message nonetheless, she tried telling me that Russian torts stay super tiny (like 3-4 inches) and I was like "excuse me lady...I have a Russian tort and she is already bigger than that!"