I need your help, -please !

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Since last summer I am feeding two stray cats beside a parking lot of a supermarket in my hometown. I saw them there for the first time in summer 2018. The two cats were thin and looking unhealthy. That`s why I started feeding them. Now they are looking much more better and they are waiting there for me every day to get food.
Unfortunately the manager ( female ) of the supermarket don`t wants that I feed the cats. I leave no empty bins of cat food or any other waste. The manager of the supermarket told me that she don`t want the cats roaming the parking lot and the cat food attract rats, but I never saw a rat there.
Tomorrow I will try to speak with her but to have more support I started a petition that I want to continue feeding these cats.
Would you sign my petition ? It will only take a few minutes of your time. I started the petition because I want to show the manager of the supermarket that I am not alone protecting these cats and feeding them.
Please don`t think I am a dreamer. I know that the world does not change when I feed two stray cats, but for these cats the whole world changes when they get food.
You might say Germany is far away and doesen`t interest you but please think it over that hunger is an equal feeling all over the world.
Would you be so kind and sign in my petition ? Here is it:
https://avaaz.org/de/community_peti...ass_Katzen_hungrig_bleiben/share/?new&jouqmjb

Thank you in advance.

Bee62

Germany
For those who don’t read German, use the Chrome Browser and it will translate it for you.

Joma

Taos, NM
Just a thought, you may want to humanely trap them and have them altered (spayed/neutered). This may help the manager be more comfortable with you feeding them and it also aids homelessness and overpopulation in general. Does your local animal shelter or cat rescue offer TNR (trap, neuter, return) services? I'm uncertain of how these things work in Germany ..... And I think you are doing the right thing :)

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Thank you for helping these cats, I also have helped manage feral colonies in Philadelphia PA, not always a pleasant thing but feels good to help out. If these cats are not neutered/spayed I would work on getting that done. I am not sure how Germany works, but here in PA there are several programs that can help.