I'm looking to get a consensus on sexes of my RF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondering4toolong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT, USA
I have 4 red footed torti and I've had a lot of different answers over the yrs on sex of them...I'd like to get some more opinions and maybe confirm some suspicions I have :D

3 are adults all over 10" and 1 is a juvi about 6-7", no major concave plastrons, no pnut shape...I have seen ramming, mounting, clucking, chasing, biting, but no penis has ever been visible and there have never been any eggs in the 3 years that I've had more than 1. Some wag or keep tail straight while walking, others tuck it...I know this sp. (I have 2 cherrys and 2 are yellow headed southerners I think) can be a bit tricky, but at this size it should be fairly clear...

So what do you all think?photo.jpgDSC_0025.jpgDSC_0021.jpgDSC_0018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
All four pictures posted are FEMALE~ :D

JD~:)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I've responded in your previous thread, but I'll keep the ball rolling and agree with JD, all 4 appear female to me. The only one I'm not fully confident with is pic #3, though the cloacal opening is pretty close to the tip of the tail and that anal notch looks acute (go on punners, have a go) - it's still a bit borderline to me.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
yup ... # 3 was a tricky one ...but I'm still sure its female. If that #3 is a 10" you would definitely know if it was male ..and by the looks and story I’m sticking with female if that’s the case.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
N2TORTS said:
yup ... # 3 was a tricky one ...but I'm still sure its female. If that #3 is a 10" you would definitely know if it was male ..and by the looks and story I’m sticking with female if that’s the case.

I agree JD :cool:

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I thought they all looked female too......for what its worth :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Doing my little turn on the catwalk …..v^v^I’m too sexy for my redfoots …I’m to sexy …for my foots ...doing my turn on the catwalkv^v^

“ Right Said Fred”
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.