Im new

Status
Not open for further replies.

blocke

5 Year Member
I live in southern california and have a 2 year old sulcata tort and im just looking for advise on what to do during the rainy and winter months

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Blocke:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Most of us have heated sheds or dog houses. You're lucky you live in SoCal, where the winters aren't very bad. Just get a pig blanket or other type heater and make the dog house or shed big enough for those long winter times, and you'll be fine.

Do a search and try to find "Bob's Shed." He's a big sulcata that lives in Oregon, where people don't tan, they rust.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great advice already given. You could also bring him in the house if you have a large enough room to put him in. However the dog/tort house would be better.
Almost forgot WELCOME

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum!
Have you thought of trying spring mix and or grocery greens & Cactus, grass, weeds, or mazuri during the winter months?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
emysemys said:
Hi Blocke:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

Most of us have heated sheds or dog houses. You're lucky you live in SoCal, where the winters aren't very bad. Just get a pig blanket or other type heater and make the dog house or shed big enough for those long winter times, and you'll be fine.

Do a search and try to find "Bob's Shed." He's a big sulcata that lives in Oregon, where people don't tan, they rust.

They rust really?? I need to move there then cause my lupus doctor said I can't be out in the sun much anymore... you crack me up Yvonne! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.