Indented Nose

Cicitina

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
I have never seen this question or anything similar brought up so I don’t know if it’s normal or not, but I’ve noticed recently where my tortoises nostrils are that they are indented. His nose sticks out then his nostrils are pushed in and then his nose comes back out into his beak.
When I got my tortoise he was a sick hatchling and had respiratory infections on and off. I spent the first half of his life giving him antibiotic injections.
He is 3 years old now and hasn’t had an infection in over a year but the odd time gets a runny nose which clears over night.

I’m wondering if his health history and on off runny nose could have caused this?

I will try and take photos to add to this thread

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What species and what is the break down of the enclosure? Temps, lighting and heat used, substrate, diet, humidity, size?
Pictures will help a lot.

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
What species and what is the break down of the enclosure? Temps, lighting and heat used, substrate, diet, humidity, size?
Pictures will help a lot.
He is a Marginated tortoise, he is in a closed top table (4x4) basking around 100 and cool end is usually in the low 80s to high 70s, humidity is up and down but usually around 60%

I moved to a dryer climate and have been struggling to keep up his humidity. He is on a mixture of reptile soil and reptibark. He eats on a slate, or out of a terracotta dish.

He eats a mixture of weeds, mainly red clover and dandelion, a reptile veggie mix, kale and Mazuri.

I will try and take a photo shortly.

Unrelated issue: does anyone else struggle trying to respond? I’ve had this issue over a year now that it doesn’t let me type in the response box and keeps pushing my screen up to the video that plays above it.

I had to write this in “notes” on my phone and try and copy paste it in the box as fast as I could before the screen moved again

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First, a 4x4 is way too small for a 3 year old. Please add onto it or get a bigger enclosure.

As for having issues posting, not that I have heard of.
Maybe @Yvonne G or @Josh will have an answer for your posting issues.

Cicitina

Ontario, Canada
First, a 4x4 is way too small for a 3 year old. Please add onto it or get a bigger enclosure.

As for having issues posting, not that I have heard of.
Maybe @Yvonne G or @Josh will have an answer for your posting issues.
I am aware the size has become inadequate for him and there are already plans to add on to it, I’ll be extending it when I have the funds to do so. I am fortunate enough to have the space to expand