Indoor setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmt123

5 Year Member
I have brought my turtles into the basement I have all of the lights and every thing but they are very sluggish and aren't really eating or drinking or pooping they also stay buried down all the time should I be worried

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
Probably getting ready to sleep, even tho it's warm they still know the time of year, i keep mine indoors mine seem to slow down on the winter sleeping days on end, if you really are worried tho, you can in bury them and soak them in warm water they will wake up ready to eat,

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I have a juvenile three toed boxie that I keep indoors during the winter. I also have a couple of lizards. I keep everyone real warm with their UVB lighting on 14 hours a day and they do not slow down. Maybe you could try upping the temps and keeping the lights on longer and see if that helps.

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
I have the same issues bringing my ebt in for the winter. They slow down considerably. Eat very little, sleep for days on end without moving an inch. Temps and lighting are good. Seems they just know to slow down, even though I'm trying to keep them from hibernating. I just take them out each week, give them a good warm soak for 30 mins, present some food and if they eat great, but usually they just crawl back under the leaves and soil.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
When I kept babies indoors year round not hibernating they don't slow, outdoor ones that got brought back in slow down think they know cuz they were outdoors. Or wc ones too interesting, my box turtles been under three days

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
You may try increasing the time the UVB and heat lamp are on each day to 14-15 hrs - that should trick them into thinking it's not winter. :)

bmt123 said:
I have brought my turtles into the basement I have all of the lights and every thing but they are very sluggish and aren't really eating or drinking or pooping they also stay buried down all the time should I be worried

Status
Not open for further replies.