Instructions for tortoise table? Anybody?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LacySweet

5 Year Member
I am in desperate need of some help constructing my tortoise table! I've looked all over the internet with no luck, does anyone have step by step instructions they would be willing to send me? I have attached a few pictures for a general idea of what I'm looking for but I for sure want to add a screened latching lid with a stand... Thank you!!! ImageUploadedByTortForum1380326641.861137.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1380326665.528030.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1380326685.028748.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1380326612.744265.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1380326612.744265.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That box is too small for an adult Russian. To small for most anything larger then a hatchling. It's cute though. Take a look in the enclosure section, there may be some instructions with pics.

LacySweet

5 Year Member
I know that it's to small, thank you! I never said I wanted a tortoise table with the exact measurements in these pictures I was giving a general idea of what I was needing instructions for and planned on adjusting the measurements accordingly

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
CourtneyG said:
All I can tell you is to get an engineering friend, it is what I did.

:D Good idea!

I hope that perhaps with moving this to enclosures, where it might stay on top for a longer length of time, we might get a few more folks weighing in and get you some useful advise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I'm not a cabinet maker either, but I knew what I wanted, so I just improvised. I took half inch plywood and cut sides and lengths. I wanted the walls of the table to be about 6" above the substrate, so I made the width of my cuts 10". I wanted the table to be 4' long, and I used the wall of the shed where it was going to be mounted as one side, so I only had to cut one length. That was 4'x10". Then I wanted the side to be about 2', and I used a corner of the shed, so one side wall was one end and that way I only needed one end, or 1 piece 2'x10". Then I cut a floor which was 4'2" x 2'2". I stood the walls up and positioned the floor on top of them, and screwed the floor into the walls. I screwed a couple of 1x2's about waist high on the walls where I was going to put my table, then cut a piece of 2x4 at an angle to support one end from the outside wall of the table back to the wall of the shed.

This picture isn't the exact one I've described above, as each time I make one it turns out different. This one was where I raised Tom's 2010 SA leopard babies...and now it's all cleaned up awaiting for Ben Awes' 2013 SA leopard baby:

09-29-13torttablea_zpsed07e523.jpg

09-29-13torttable_zpsde92cd8f.jpg

WillTort2

5 Year Member
How much space do you have for your table? How big is your tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.