Is Cypress "BLEND" safe?

HamHimes

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Due to the pandemic the pure Cypress mulch by brand "no float" is not available anywhere, I even called the manufacturer.
I have watched YouTube videos of Tortoise owners using the Cypress blend, which I didn't think was safe due to the presence of PINE.
Done anyone use this Cypress mulch blend? Is it safe?
Thank you!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Lowes carries Old Castle and it has been in stock. I personally use 3" of cypress then 1" of Reptibark (Fine Fir Bark) and it works great for my Leopard who doesn't dig. For me it is the cheapest way on the East Coast to get a fir bark look and performance

HamHimes

Pennsylvania
Lowes carries Old Castle and it has been in stock. I personally use 3" of cypress then 1" of Reptibark (Fine Fir Bark) and it works great for my Leopard who doesn't dig. For me it is the cheapest way on the East Coast to get a fir bark look and performance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210414-091008_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-091008_Chrome.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210414-091232_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-091232_Snapchat.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 9

HamHimes

Pennsylvania
2nd photo is what we previously used and both brands are unavailable where I live unfortunately.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Due to the pandemic the pure Cypress mulch by brand "no float" is not available anywhere, I even called the manufacturer.
I have watched YouTube videos of Tortoise owners using the Cypress blend, which I didn't think was safe due to the presence of PINE.
Thank you!
I know of someone using it in indoor closed chambers and they've seen no problems. It smelled kind of piney and also a hint of eucalyptus, but they were raising baby tortoises on it and the babies were doing fine. Personally, I'd choose something else, but it appears to be safe from what I've seen.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Thank you!
I've been using the No Float Cypress blend from home depot or lowes for a couple years with no issues.