Is this a male or female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintdowns

5 Year Member
I know that this may sound dumb but I just bout this 11 inch FEMALE. I just received today at 11:00. I went to work, came home and was gonna soak her. I soaked her and this is what I saw. MALE OR FEMALE

Attachments

• image-1427529612.png
    image-1427529612.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • image-3657155656.png
    image-3657155656.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 58

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Did you have your heart set on a female? If you just bought him, maybe you can get your money back?

clintdowns

5 Year Member
Well the thing that sucks is that I bought from Arizona and I am in Texas

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Look at the bright side of things at least you know you have a boy

surie_the_tortoise

5 Year Member
findlay,ohio
would have thought the place that sold him to you would have seen that atleast once. no doubt its a male when they do that

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
did you want a female?? is it your first tort?? see if you cant get some money back as false or misleading advertising.

clintdowns

5 Year Member
I do not want to state where I received him from just yet. No he is not my first tort and I wanted a female. I have sent them and email so we will now see what they will do to make this right.

clintdowns

5 Year Member
This is what the reply was

I charged you 300 shipped and shipping was 78 dollars. I owned it at 100 dollars. I can refund 122 dollars?
Also the next adult female I get I can offer her at 800 plus shipping instead of the normal 1000 plus shipping?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
clintdowns said:

I charged you 300 shipped and shipping was 78 dollars. I owned it at 100 dollars. I can refund 122 dollars?
Also the next adult female I get I can offer her at 800 plus shipping instead of the normal 1000 plus shipping?

I would say no deal. Ship it back and get your $300 refund. They made the mistake, not you. If you ordered a female, you should either get a female or your money back. What kind of tortoise is this?

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Jacqui said:
clintdowns said:

I would say no deal. Ship it back and get your $300 refund. They made the mistake, not you. If you ordered a female, you should either get a female or your money back. What kind of tortoise is this?

Do you have proff that they said female for 300?? I personally think that is bad Business and if its a female you want send it back with full refund

And send the link to this thread

skottip

10 Year Member!
Florida
Just my 2 cents. You have to be somewhat reluctant when someone sells an adult "female" for $300. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. Didn't they send pics of the plasteron?
# 2, I would make it known to the dealer you are going to post a warning here and on Fauna Classifieds if you do not receive a full refund. I got burned by someone from Az a few years back. They sent me 2 half dead leopards. They are now 100% dead.
Scott

After reading the response again, they are now offering you an adult female for $800, a discount from $1,000.
Are you sure it was advertised as a female>?

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
clintdowns said:

Clintdowns, what do you think about the offer? On the one hand, $100 is not a bad price for an 11" sulcata male. On the other hand, its not what you ordered. You should be entitled to a full refund if you request it (including shipping both ways). Ultimately, its up to you.

Either way, I don't think I'd trust getting the $800 female from this dealer in the future, since the person obviously cannot tell the difference between males and females. Also, next time you order (from any dealer), I'd recommend requesting a plastron and tail shot so you can confirm the sex for yourself before buying.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Here is a screen shot of the ad best I could incase they take it down you have proff.

xkx5e0.png

As mentioned 100 for an 11" male is a good price you could try and reclame your money by selling it.

But deffinitly do your best to let the word out message the site see if they have any advice

clintdowns

5 Year Member
I have spoke with the owner and he has apologized a lot. He has said that from looking at the scutes she looked like a she. From what I've seen on how to sex he does resemble a female. I guess all people are human. He said he is willing to do whatever it takes to make me happy. I am going to think on this overnight for a bit and decide what I want to do. He is very apologetic and sorry for what he did though.

Status
Not open for further replies.