Is this a stupid idea?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty conservative in the way I want my property to look. My house is painted gray with white trim and a tiny bead of black around the windows.

I have an old, vacant house behind my house. I don't paint it because it's just a shack, an overgrown storage shed. But I do take care of the front of it in keeping with keeping my property looking nice. Here's a picture of a bit of my house showing the old house behind:

House a.jpg

And here's a closer picture of just the old house:

house b.jpg

As you can clearly see, the plywood on the front porch of the old house is in dire need of being repainted. i have this crazy idea I'd like to paint the panels different colors. See the little flower pots behind the cactus? There are four colors on them, turquoise, yellow, orange and lime green. I'd like to paint each plywood panel one of those colors, leaving the strip between the panels white.

Is this a stupid idea? Be honest.

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
cumbria england
i like to use a lot of bright colours . some how it makes things seem happy to me. you should see our house lol. its like a rainbow inside. we have a yellow living room, blue kitchen and laundry room, red hall way, purple bedroom, the 2 oldest girls room is pink and white, the baby's room is violet the bathrooms are white with multi coloured mosaic tiles. so i say go for it. you can always paint over it if you don't like it.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yes! You should:D It'll be happy and fun.
We're working on painting a giant cat onto our garage (oh gosh, another pic I should take! :rolleyes: ) simply because the paint is so old and peely it's be waste of money trying to make it look new and 'presentable'.
I vote do tortoises too... than it's a tortoise shed :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I prefer a more minimalist approach that does not attract attention. Especially with all my torts around.

I don't run any bumper stickers on my car either...

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
The colors sounds like a fun idea ! Try it, if you dont like it in the end,
you could always paint the boards brown to look like before.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Actually the boards used to be gray, but the paint's peeling off.

Kelly: You can't see that area from the street. It's on the side of my house and sort of like a court yard area.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Actually the boards used to be gray, but the paint's peeling off.

Kelly: You can't see that area from the street. It's on the side of my house and sort of like a court yard area.
Even better then, if people will be able to see it!

For some reason, it's a little satisfying to have strangers think you're crazy :D...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
If you try it and don't like it, what's the harm? Just repaint it. :) I was thinking about this thread, as I was out painting some fence posts a lavender shade.... :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok...I'm gonna' go for it. My grand daughter in New York sent me a $50 gift cert. from Lowe's. Now I know what I'm going to spend it on. I have to wait until the weather dries out, but I'll send pictures when I'm finished.

gingerbee

5 Year Member
Washington state
Ok...I'm gonna' go for it. My grand daughter in New York sent me a $50 gift cert. from Lowe's. Now I know what I'm going to spend it on. I have to wait until the weather dries out, but I'll send pictures when I'm finished.
Yea I think it will look great especially with
The cactus in front!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
As usual, I am a day late, and a dollar short. :(