Is this enclosure okay for my baby sucalta

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
My yearling is in a 100 gallon glass

My yearling is in a 100 gallon glass tank and has recently been flipping herself trying to climb out the sides. Do I need to make her an indoor wooden table or make her an outdoor habitat? I just don't know the next step to take. She's as big as my hand.

I like to have an indoor 4x8' closed chamber for sulcatas. Once they outgrow that, they move outside full time. Prior to outgrowing their 4x8, I put them in their outside enclosure during the day and bring them in to sleep at night. Once they are big enough, I just start leaving them outside full time and make sure they are locked up in their heated night box every night.

100 gallons is good for a hatchling, but not for a whole year if they are growing normally.

MStacy

5 Year Member
I like to have an indoor 4x8' closed chamber for sulcatas. Once they outgrow that, they move outside full time. Prior to outgrowing their 4x8, I put them in their outside enclosure during the day and bring them in to sleep at night. Once they are big enough, I just start leaving them outside full time and make sure they are locked up in their heated night box every night.

100 gallons is good for a hatchling, but not for a whole year if they are growing normally.

MStacy

5 Year Member
Is there a link for 4x8 enclosure ideas? I'm really thinking that's not going to fit in our house. I'm in Florida, so the garage temps are 100+.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I'd try to get her an outdoor area for the daytime.