is this ok?

Kylee L.

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, FL
I built a ramp that is rather tall.. he has no problem going up and does often but I noticed he has started to slide down the side instead walk back down. At first I laughed because he intentionally does it and will do it a couple times in a row but I'm not sure if he should be doing this..is is safe? 20200228_185944.jpg

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Those wee heads have plenty of brains in them, eh? =)) And big brains contain great humor.

I'd be concerned, though, that he invented the Slide Down Method after falling butt-over-tea-kettle already.

I would personally decrease the steepness of the slope.

Nice landscaping, btw!

*passes donuts*

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've seen videos of little tortoises and box turtles climbing up and sliding down, then walking around and climbing up again to slide down again. Seems like this is jus something they like to do.

Kylee L.

Jacksonville, FL
I've seen videos of little tortoises and box turtles climbing up and sliding down, then walking around and climbing up again to slide down again. Seems like this is jus something they like to do.
lol, that's what he does!! I felt bad for laughing but he climbed right back up and slid back down again so I figured he was having fun.