Is this shell rot?

Jerry0323

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hey guys,
My radiated tortoise developed this around three weeks ago. I have been treating it with diluted betadine and silver sulfadiazine. I stopped the betadine treatment after two weeks because I heard that due to its harshness, it can actually hinder healing. Right now I am just applying silver sulfadiazine daily. It has been three weeks already and the issue is still there. It didn’t expand but it didn’t heal much as well. The area is hard like regular shell and no smell. Should I still continue with the same treatment? I wish I can take it to the vet but I am currently in Shanghai so that wouldn’t be possible as the city do not have reputable reptile vets. Should I continue with this treatment or add athlete food cream as well? 0125CE0E-F208-43F2-9430-6D261ADAFD32.jpeg
Thank you

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
Hey guys,
My radiated tortoise developed this around three weeks ago. I have been treating it with diluted betadine and silver sulfadiazine. I stopped the betadine treatment after two weeks because I heard that due to its harshness, it can actually hinder healing. Right now I am just applying silver sulfadiazine daily. It has been three weeks already and the issue is still there. It didn’t expand but it didn’t heal much as well. The area is hard like regular shell and no smell. Should I still continue with the same treatment? I wish I can take it to the vet but I am currently in Shanghai so that wouldn’t be possible as the city do not have reputable reptile vets. Should I continue with this treatment or add athlete food cream as well? View attachment 375811
Thank you
Hello!
It doesn't look like a fungal infection, so athlete's foot creme won't do much. ApplyIng creme won't fix the plastron damage - if there is no infection these damaged areas will heal to some extent in one-two years.

I would ask @zovick to take a look as well.