It's flower food Friday PIC HEAVY

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Yes all hibiscus flower and leaves are very good foods for leopards. My leopards however won't eat them.

phebe121

Ty i tryed it with them and they love it can u give it to them every day or just once in awhile and is purple heart wandering jew ok for them

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Ty i tryed it with them and they love it can u give it to them every day or just once in awhile and is purple heart wandering jew ok for them
Everyday is fine. The leaves and flowers. I don't know about wandering Jew or Purple Heart. Tortoisetable would be a good route to check if they are feed able or not.

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
So am am over the moon right now. I did some research and some looking around and guess what I found. My momma has to huge rose of Sharon bushes. I went straight over there and got me a big o bag of leaves. And my Grama had a grape vine that the deer destroyed. I was able to salvage a few nice leaves but what's more exciting is I got me some cutting to start. Oh ya. So I gave the Sudans 4 huge hand fulls of leaves off the rose of Sharon, they sucked them down. Going to give some to the quads and the leopards as soon as the Sudans are done with their soak.

M

Maggie Cummings

And, you're gonna send some blooms to Bob this winter when all my Rose of Sharon are dormant??? That is simply a beautiful bloom...almost too pretty to eat...'almost':p

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I love it! :<3::<3:
They sell this variety at lowes/Home Depot I believe. I get all my plants from a nursery that specializes in exotics. He's a cool old man that imports crazy plants. But also has some commonly found species.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
They sell this variety at lowes/Home Depot I believe. I get all my plants from a nursery that specializes in exotics. He's a cool old man that imports crazy plants. But also has some commonly found species.

I'll have to look around and show your photos! Thanks! It's really gorgeous, I also love that it's tree form.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yessir indeed. But I can't find a picture of it on my phone. It's a super awesome for sure. Can't thank you enough.
:).....^5

realized I had posted these before .... flash and No flash ....shots..:)

Last edited:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
oops ...sorry for the double post .....on the flower pics....:p

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Pffff double post. Who cares. It's awesome. That variety is surely my favorite for now.