Just got my first African Spurred!

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Yay that’s awesome!

Yeah id say put the right basking bulb in, and your led bulb, they’ll both go on the 12hr timer.
Then for the uv, can you check the height of your enclosure? It might be too low to rest on the top, if that’s the case perhaps you could fashion some sort of temporary stand? Get a piece of timber, screw metal hooks into it either end, then on the opposite side mount the uv reflector fitting and put the bulb in, then get yourself some chain to hang onto the hooks and hang at the desired height from a make shift stand over the tank. The only issue I potentially see with the uv is it running the whole length as the tank is quite small, that might be a bit intense for the tortoise as using it needs mounting more near the basking end, perhaps if you could turn it the other way so only a portion of it covers the tank towards the basking bulb. Hopefully all that makes sense.

I also won’t suggest installing a che into the smaller domes.

It may be slightly tricky having to set a new basking bulb cause you’ll need to do a check after a few hours to make sure the temperature is safe and obviously you only have the one set up, but just monitor your tortoise closely in the enclosure during the test run

For a topper for this temporary enclosure, perhaps you could fashion something like the pic attached, to go over your tank, make sure it’s tall enough the covering doesn’t touch the lamp fittings, if using wood, I’d have to look into safe timbers, but you could then staple gun some pvc covering to it, I think it can find the pvc greenhouse stuff pretty cheap

Attachments

• IMG_1676.jpeg
    IMG_1676.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 0