just joined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grammabean

5 Year Member
Hello! I am Denise, from Minnesota. I am trying to get as much info as possible about tortoises as I want to add one to my "farm". I currently have two boxers, two cats, two piggies and a conure. My kids started growing up and leaving home so I naturally started replacing them with my herd. I am excited to read and learn more from you experts and newbies. Hopefully between us all I can decide which tortoise will be best for us.:D

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Grammabean said:
Hello! I am Denise, from Minnesota. I am trying to get as much info as possible about tortoises as I want to add one to my "farm". I currently have two boxers, two cats, two piggies and a conure. My kids started growing up and leaving home so I naturally started replacing them with my herd. I am excited to read and learn more from you experts and newbies. Hopefully between us all I can decide which tortoise will be best for us.:D

Welcome Denise.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Denise:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I think, because of where you live, a tortoise that hibernates would suit you. Russian, maybe?

Grammabean

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Denise:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I think, because of where you live, a tortoise that hibernates would suit you. Russian, maybe?

Thanks for the welcome. I have been looking and reading about the Red Foot. I understand they also don't hibernate. What do you think?

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
Hi Denise...your funny! You said your herd hahahha I can't believe you waited that long LOL even with kids I can't seem to stay away from animals or my zoo at that. I've been this way ever since I could walk, Nice to have this TFO with others of the same interest =D
Welcome to the site.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

Torts are much better than kids! I thimk your making a good trade!:p

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hi Denise, welcome to the forum. There are some other members from your general area that hopefully will see your thread and comment. From what I have read on here it is really difficult to keep large tortoises in a climate where you have to provide for them inside most of the year. So maybe a smaller sized tortoise would be easier for you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! I read where so far, it seems the Redfoot has caught your eye. What is it your liking about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.