Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There has been too many threads with too much mud slinging. I think everyone is getting cabin fever. So, just for fun. Too lighten the tones and lower the blood pressure, lets post what we are looking forward to doing this spring and summer:)
I will be going on a family/friend gambling trip, getting a new SUV, working on Tatum's tort house, laying a new bed room floor, moving my pond, biting my nails as my kid takes his driving test:( and jet skiing up in Michigan. Hoping to fit in a fly away vacation, but that may have too wait until fall.:D NEXT:)

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
I can't wait to let my tort out to her outdoor pen!

Here in New Hampshire, our winters are brutal, and poor Toby has to stay inside for several months.

I also can't wait to go to the lake and catch turtles, go swimming, and go fishing. I love the summer! I'm outside all day every day.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Wow Barb, sounds like a good and busy spring/summer! :)
I am ready to get Cooper and Ophelia outside for some sun, taking the RV and going camping with Cooper and Ophelia, which is something I didnt get to do last year. And I hope I feel well enough to take my Harley out for some nice long rides too! Ok, who is next? :)
Thanks for starting this thread Barb! Great idea!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nixxy said:
I can't wait to let my tort out to her outdoor pen!

Here in New Hampshire, our winters are brutal, and poor Toby has to stay inside for several months.

I also can't wait to go to the lake and catch turtles, go swimming, and go fishing. I love the summer! I'm outside all day every day.

I hear ya about the cold. I'm in Chicago, cold/snow. Sounds like a nice carefree summer.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I can't wait to go to Cali on vacation! Get some sun and relax by the beach and hopefully pick up my new tort while I'm out there!! :)

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
I am going to build a enclosure outside and a tort. table when its warm. Also going to redo parts of my moms pond.

They winters here in North Dakota suck warmed up now its snowing every other day or so.

I also cant wait to get out fishing and just being outside.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
cemmons12 said:
Wow Barb, sounds like a good and busy spring/summer! :)
I am ready to get Cooper and Ophelia outside for some sun, taking the RV and going camping with Cooper and Ophelia, which is something I didnt get to do last year. And I hope I feel well enough to take my Harley out for some nice long rides too! Ok, who is next? :)
Thanks for starting this thread Barb! Great idea!

I grew up camping, every weekend. I don't like it now though. Too much work for the women, cooking is harder when camping. I did have loads of fun though doing it as a kid. I like room service now:p I want to see pics of you and the torts camping. How cool will that be, to camp with the torts. I think you need to get a side car for your hog, one of those old time helmets for Cooper and side car him with ya LOL, wouldn't that be a hoot.
Thanks Chris. I'm hoping more will take a chill pill and join in this thread. Just have fun and chill a little. Oh and BTW, positive thoughts, you will feel great this summer and do all you want:)

immayo said:
I can't wait to go to Cali on vacation! Get some sun and relax by the beach and hopefully pick up my new tort while I'm out there!! :)

Great place to vaca. The new tort, ya, from who? Hmmm.

weldorNate said:
I am going to build a enclosure outside and a tort. table when its warm. Also going to redo parts of my moms pond.

They winters here in North Dakota suck warmed up now its snowing every other day or so.

I also cant wait to get out fishing and just being outside.

You have my weather. Got warmer, which brought snow:( Hey, while your doing your mothers pond, swing on over and do mine:D

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
wellington said:
immayo said:

Someone who sells little redfoot hypos :rolleyes:

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
Yea don't think i'll do ur pond every spring it seems like i redo my moms pond but this year i bought more stuff for it for Christmas. I guess i do it cause my mom cant lift some of the pieces of petrified wood and different rocks that we have found .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
immayo said:
wellington said:
immayo said:

OMG, I want to visit Jeff. Don't tell him, his head will swell, but what a great guy.:D

wellington said:
immayo said:
wellington said:
immayo said:

OMG, I want to visit Jeff. Don't tell him, his head will swell, but what a great guy.:D

Lucky you. Be sure to enjoy his beautiful flowers too.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Great thread!

Let's see, looking forward to our desrt trip in a couple of weeks to Ocotillo Wells to ride my new 4 seater sise by side and my husbands new Husqvarna dirt bike. They are new and we haven't had a chance to take them out since the kids have sports and school. My sons Lacrosse games and coaching my daughter's rookie softball. Hawaii is also coming up in June. Definitly getting the torts out this spring. We do have pretty good weather buts it's been cold here in San Diego.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
I do enjoy my relaxing! I work hard usually, and in my spare time I love to grab a six pack and go fishing all afternoon.

Catch and release, of course. :) Caught a couple 15-18 inch bass last summer.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Momof4 said:
Great thread!

Let's see, looking forward to our desrt trip in a couple of weeks to Ocotillo Wells to ride my new 4 seater sise by side and my husbands new Husqvarna dirt bike. They are new and we haven't had a chance to take them out since the kids have sports and school. My sons Lacrosse games and coaching my daughter's rookie softball. Hawaii is also coming up in June. Definitly getting the torts out this spring. We do have pretty good weather buts it's been cold here in San Diego.

Sounds fun. Hawaii, another great place to go. You'll be ready for it with all the kids stuff/sports.

Nixxy said:
I do enjoy my relaxing! I work hard usually, and in my spare time I love to grab a six pack and go fishing all afternoon.

Catch and release, of course. :) Caught a couple 15-18 inch bass last summer.

That sounds very relaxing. I love fishing. However, I love eating those fish, yum, yum. I can only eat bass, perch, trout, the kind of fish we have in Illinois and Michigan. I can't do the salt water fish. The kind you find in aquariums. They are like pets. In fact a few of them are my pets. I make my hubby throw them back when we have gone deep see fishing in Cali and Hawaii.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Nothing wrong with that, Barb. Personally, I'm a vegetarian. So it'd be silly of me to keep them.

Man, all this talk about summer, and here it is 10 degrees out here.

Only a few more months! Haha.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nixxy said:
Nothing wrong with that, Barb. Personally, I'm a vegetarian. So it'd be silly of me to keep them.

Don't look outside and don't listen to the weather guy. Just turn the heat up a little and read all the good summer stuff. You will soon feel the sun beating down on you and the summer flowers will perfume the air. Look here http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-64889.html
See, summer flowers, hmmmm, I can even smell them.
LMAO, okay, I have lost my mind. I have cold snow covered ground:( I tried:D

bigred said:
Looking forward to growing all the different stuff I grow in the summer

Veggie garden or more then that? Nothing better then fresh picked veggies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
wellington said:
Nixxy said:

Don't look outside and don't listen to the weather guy. Just turn the heat up a little and read all the good summer stuff. You will soon feel the sun beating down on you and the summer flowers will perfume the air. Look here http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-64889.html
See, summer flowers, hmmmm, I can even smell them.
LMAO, okay, I have lost my mind. I have cold snow covered ground:( I tried:D

bigred said:
Looking forward to growing all the different stuff I grow in the summer

Veggie garden or more then that? Nothing better then fresh picked veggies.

We grow everything to make fresh salsa, different kinds of chilis ,onions, cilantro, tomatoes, bell peppers, different kinds of squash, cucumbers, Lettuce and a bunch of others stuff. We also grow tort. food as well such as grage leaves and so on. Ive got a bunch of pumpkin seeds to try out this year

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Looking forward to starting my tort food farming this spring! After all, thats what I bought these 3 acres for....All my vacationing is at the end of the year though. :(. Probably go up to WV for some snow-skiing :).

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
The Spring means gardening, gardening and more gardening for me and my kids. Pulling weeds in the veggie garden, and planting all those great veggies. Then cleaning up the tortoise and box turtle garden, cleaning out the ponds, and fixing up the flower garden after "Sandy" made a mess. Then the Summer, just hanging out with friends enjoying the warm weather, with lots of BBQ's. Doing some shopping in Manhattan, and of course enjoying my Box turtles again, after a long, cold Winter. Hiking in the woods, and parks here. Fishing at the beach. I can't wait for Summer!!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
terryo said:
The Spring means gardening, gardening and more gardening for me and my kids. Pulling weeds in the veggie garden, and planting all those great veggies. Then cleaning up the tortoise and box turtle garden, cleaning out the ponds, and fixing up the flower garden after "Sandy" made a mess. Then the Summer, just hanging out with friends enjoying the warm weather, with lots of BBQ's. Doing some shopping in Manhattan, and of course enjoying my Box turtles again, after a long, cold Winter. Hiking in the woods, and parks here. Fishing at the beach. I can't wait for Summer!!

I love spring gardening!!! (and I'm pretty sure my torts love it when I do spring gardening because they get all new greens).

This spring my husband and I are moving into our new house, which we're very excited about, and this summer (August to be exact), our first baby is due (human, not tortoise, heehee). So, all in all, we're looking forward to spring and summer this year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.