Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
terryo said:
The Spring means gardening, gardening and more gardening for me and my kids. Pulling weeds in the veggie garden, and planting all those great veggies. Then cleaning up the tortoise and box turtle garden, cleaning out the ponds, and fixing up the flower garden after "Sandy" made a mess. Then the Summer, just hanging out with friends enjoying the warm weather, with lots of BBQ's. Doing some shopping in Manhattan, and of course enjoying my Box turtles again, after a long, cold Winter. Hiking in the woods, and parks here. Fishing at the beach. I can't wait for Summer!!

All these gardens are making me hungry for garden fresh, just picked tomatoes. Love them.

mctlong said:
terryo said:
The Spring means gardening, gardening and more gardening for me and my kids. Pulling weeds in the veggie garden, and planting all those great veggies. Then cleaning up the tortoise and box turtle garden, cleaning out the ponds, and fixing up the flower garden after "Sandy" made a mess. Then the Summer, just hanging out with friends enjoying the warm weather, with lots of BBQ's. Doing some shopping in Manhattan, and of course enjoying my Box turtles again, after a long, cold Winter. Hiking in the woods, and parks here. Fishing at the beach. I can't wait for Summer!!

I love spring gardening!!! (and I'm pretty sure my torts love it when I do spring gardening because they get all new greens).

This spring my husband and I are moving into our new house, which we're very excited about, and this summer (August to be exact), our first baby is due (human, not tortoise, heehee). So, all in all, we're looking forward to spring and summer this year. :)

How exciting for you. New home with the summer to enjoy it and plan the baby room and decorating, then a new family member. CONGRATULATIONS:D Do you know what you are having, or going to find out?

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
wellington said:
How exciting for you. New home with the summer to enjoy it and plan the baby room and decorating, then a new family member. CONGRATULATIONS:D Do you know what you are having, or going to find out?

Thank you. Its still too early to know. We're hoping to find out within the next month. :)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
wellington said:
There has been too many threads with too much mud slinging. I think everyone is getting cabin fever. So, just for fun. Too lighten the tones and lower the blood pressure, lets post what we are looking forward to doing this spring and summer:)
I will be going on a family/friend gambling trip, getting a new SUV, working on Tatum's tort house, laying a new bed room floor, moving my pond, biting my nails as my kid takes his driving test:( and jet skiing up in Michigan. Hoping to fit in a fly away vacation, but that may have too wait until fall.:D NEXT:)

Two trips to Drummond Island Mi one fathers day weekend and then in August. Two trips to Soo Sault Marie Ontario one memorial weekend and one in September. I cant wait for lots of swimming, biking and kayaking too. :D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
mctlong said:
wellington said:

Thank you. Its still too early to know. We're hoping to find out within the next month. :)

IMHO, there is nothing, nothing more exciting than having a baby. You are truly blessed. Congrats!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kerryann said:
wellington said:
There has been too many threads with too much mud slinging. I think everyone is getting cabin fever. So, just for fun. Too lighten the tones and lower the blood pressure, lets post what we are looking forward to doing this spring and summer:)
I will be going on a family/friend gambling trip, getting a new SUV, working on Tatum's tort house, laying a new bed room floor, moving my pond, biting my nails as my kid takes his driving test:( and jet skiing up in Michigan. Hoping to fit in a fly away vacation, but that may have too wait until fall.:D NEXT:)

Two trips to Drummond Island Mi one fathers day weekend and then in August. Two trips to Soo Sault Marie Ontario one memorial weekend and one in September. I cant wait for lots of swimming, biking and kayaking too. :D

Sounds like fun. Except the kayaking, I would never get flipped back over LOL.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
You are right Bigred....a nice jucy red tomato, picked right off the vine. My kids pick them and eat them like apples.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
terryo said:
mctlong said:
wellington said:

IMHO, there is nothing, nothing more exciting than having a baby. You are truly blessed. Congrats!

Thanks! We're definitely excited, especially since its out first! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Wow Barb, looks like your thread is working on bringing down them boiling blood pressures! Good job! :p :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
cemmons12 said:
Wow Barb, looks like your thread is working on bringing down them boiling blood pressures! Good job! :p :)

Thanks, I hope it keeps working. Thinking about the warm weather and what everyone will be doing can sure make the cabin fever and crappy weather not be so bad.:) A putting a smile on, always lowers blood pressure:D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
terryo said:
You are right Bigred....a nice jucy red tomato, picked right off the vine. My kids pick them and eat them like apples.

Im looking forward to it, The tomatoes grow pretty good here

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Just reading about spring/summer plans makes it seem closer. Thanks, great thread!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I have a lot of plans! In february 23-25 I willbe in Las Vegas for a bachelor/bachelorette party, March my brother graduates from linemen school and I have a wedding at a great place, I have surgery on my finger (hopefully before summer) to fix it since I cut it off in September. My hobby if offroad mountain biking, so I plan on heading to the mountains with some buddies. I LOVE nature and anything that has to do with it, so I really enjoy hiking at Pinecrest, Ca, going to melones lake, or anywhere in the mountains since it is only 0-45 min away from me. I love the beach, so that will be in the schedule as well, considering it is only 1.5 hours away.
I canot wait to make a great addition to my side yard that is 24 feet long for my russian and sulcata. My father and I will be dividing an area for the both of them. I plan on having my sulcata out 24/7, since Dex is 5 inches long and over one pound. I want to make a heating area for Dex. I am SO stoked to do this for both of my guys.
Anyways, WAY more plans, but I am not sure if all of them will be achieved.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Hope to have finally finished the new (and much biigger) outside tortisarium! It's going much slower than I'd planned, due to other issues coming up (What's that famous John Lennon line? Something like "Life is what happens to you while you were making other plans"?)

Other than that, just running around in shorts made out of old blue-jeans, hunting hawgs and going swimming a lot. :cool:

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
All of you crazy people :p! I'm looking forward to spring for tortoise gardening...I DREAD summer...I won't be surprised if actually do land myself in the hospital from dehydration this year, because I almost did last :(. The summer down here sucks...80% humidity...90+ degree temperatures on a lot of days...Combined for a heat index of over 110 woo-hoo!
And do you know what I hate the most about summer? The grass grows SO much...Seriously, I don't mind the six hours it takes to mow my lawn in the winter, but the summer is awful. Yet the grass picks winter to NOT grow, and summer to grow like weeds....Curse you devilish blades of grass >.>.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
RedfootsRule said:
And do you know what I hate the most about summer? The grass grows SO much...Seriously, I don't mind the six hours it takes to mow my lawn in the winter, but the summer is awful. Yet the grass picks winter to NOT grow, and summer to grow like weeds....Curse you devilish blades of grass >.>.

Get rid of your redfoots and start raising sullies! ..... No need to mow the grass! :p

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
N2TORTS said:
RedfootsRule said:

Get rid of your redfoots and start raising sullies! ..... No need to mow the grass! :p

No no no....Aldabras :). Rocky keeps his yard trimmed for me, the rest is up to me though. I once though of creating some kind of chariot with 20 large sulcatas tied to the front...Put it on a track or something :).

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am really excited because T-ball starts for my 6 year old in April and track & drama for the 13 year old around the same time. I am going to Bermuda in May. I will go to Lake George, NY & D.C over the summer. I am also very excited to meet our new friend from the FreshAir Fund in August. Kind of excited but mostly scared because we are hopefully listing and successfully selling our house this Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.