Kawasaki Triples and other bikes, toys & joys~!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
IMFDB....never heard of that before, thanks-just learned my new thing for the day! You have the AA Inc .22LR adapter kit? Nice isn't it? Beautiful lined softcase, plenty of inside pockets, heavy zip and slide into your range bag for inspections if required. I used a 22 slide for a Casper g19, most fun you can have for 7 cents a round, a lot more fun than the louder stock rnd. Kerry LOVES it.....

I quit riding too Tom while "I had kids relying on my check" and it wasn't catastrophic. I gave away my '72 H1 to Dave Dellio who by then, was the only triple guy left in the world it seemed and he was broker then me! Wise move to me b/c cars slide, bikes fall down....pretty simple. Theses scope are nice but I would not buy one today....very heavy and soon if not already usurped with smaller, lighter and maybe even cheaper, I've had this a few years so it's no longer new tech....didn't want to chance you thinking it was, then be discouraged. The ATI firm doesn't do a great job supporting and 30-40% of new owners were crashing their scopes while setting them up and having to return them, 6-12 weeks, so like you, I did a "How to for Dummies" for their forum.

ok, short Kerry-shooting story; WHILE WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR Y'S BIKE STORY!

When I used to date, one of the things I used to enjoy doing with a girl was doing sport-stuff. So I'd take them out to hit balls at the batting cages, toss a football, go to the Field house, shoot baskets on my driveway court, target shoot. Course my kind of girl can usually hang....and dang, Kerry killed me, at everything! It was the most embarrassing day of my life b/c I'm competitive as heck! She was just good, a former Col rugby player & all-arounder. When I suggested 5 for 5 at 40yds with a open sight pellet gun, I figured I was going to "make amends" and I shot 5 nice shots, all at or very near dead center.........she looked, got comfy and shot 5. I looked at the fringes of the target and couldn't see anything so I asked, what turned out to be the dumbest question I ever could have asked her;

"Do you think you hit it?"

"Well, you had a couple holes around the middle so I just put my 5 though your center hole"

and she had! With a rifle he had never held much less shot.

What humble people do is nothing, I soon learned.....what she hadn't bothered to tell me yet was that she had been NY state champ, as had her Dad....OUCH!
I also got a drop in 22 slide for my AR for back in the when 22 ammo was cheap

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Some things, even when you anticipate them, turn out to be pure gold;

"the most necessary bag to a Harley rider of our social standing...a tool box"

Great story.............I love the visuals!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
my very closest friend shoots 1000 yards...he's a 2%'er....
I tried 500 meters a long time ago and well I did not have the time or money to increase my skill. I have a good Military friend that shot in Germany years ago in an HK event and won, but he is a sniper:cool:

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You know guys, I overlooked something before about Y's old machine......that gorgeous machine.....think for a moment about the man that owned it, not everyone can run a rig, how he cared for it to keep it so nice. How much he cared for Y to stick her out on the hack! LOL, naw, he picked his girl like I do~! Just wanted to throw him some proper props, cause I bet he made you laugh a lot!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I tried 500 meters a long time ago and well I did not have the time or money to increase my skill. I have a good Military friend that shot in Germany years ago in an HK event and won, but he is a sniper:cool:
My friend is a gun collector and long distance shooter. He, just by chance, also happens to work in a local gun store. I have connections on guns and ammo...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You know guys, I overlooked something before about Y's old machine......that gorgeous machine.....think for a moment about the man that owned it, not everyone can run a rig, how he cared for it to keep it so nice. How much he cared for Y to stick her out on the hack! LOL, naw, he picked his girl like I do~! Just wanted to throw him some proper props, cause I bet he made you laugh a lot!
I think that bike was an '80 (either that or I'm mixing up the cc's with the year). George had motorcycles our whole married life. He was the shop foreman at the Caterpillar tractor plant in Selma, CA. One day he heard one of the big cat's engine roaring at too high a speed and he ran across the shop to help the mechanic. He twisted his knee somehow, and eventually had to have surgery. He ended up with three surgeries on one knee and two on the other, two knee replacements and eventually had his right knee fused. So he had a stiff right leg. That ended his two wheeling days, hence the side car.

On one of our trips our club was invited to take a couple laps around the track at Leguna Seca raceway. That was a lot of fun! And quite the sight to see a whole buncha' side hacks on the track!

1647358221731.png

We were married 27 years when he died in '83 of a heart attack. But we put a lot of miles on our motorcycles.

Early on in our marriage I had my own Yamaha 250

Last edited:

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks Y, I know that typing a story you must have told before, can be more a chore than a joy, but it is much appreciated, as are the pictures! I won't pester anymore, thanks............

You car guys might not remember this but there's a pic taken there of #2 KR coming out of ...wanna say #7 maybe??? at full lean, with the front tire in the air as he slides around the apex.

This is my fav "old person" bike story;

Kerry and I met in '12, she saw my bikes but of course had only ridden on the back....while we have intercoms and have fun, it's not quite as "hot " as it is when you're both 25, trust me.....lol...there's not enough room and the gas tank sticks UP on my largest bike, the Vstrom1000!!

6 months later my youngest daughter and I went to SF for a vacation and when we return a few days later, Kerry, all smiley-face, shows up with a E endorsement in MD, a license. why hon? "Because Dad has one" Kerry's Father- henceforth; Dad, is old, like really old (I did not commit suicide-lol )and JUST got his(fam of overachievers, big-wheel bikes, unicycles, jugglers)!

Dad only got it so he could ride the Classes little 185cc training bikes on the paths! Then he pestered the Instructors to be able to ride them when people weren't taking classes, and they let him, because he's prince-like! Fast forward three years;

This pic was taken 7 years ago from the cars in my driveway,

Dad, is now 93 but was 86 years old here is riding a 1973 CB350G. Kerry is riding a '82 turbo running 18psi. she is very speed-averse and she has never engaged the turbocharger. At 5-4, the bike is a near perfect fit for her and she's strong enough for it's piggish 560lbs till it gets going & easier of course. We all went for a ride up to Ft Smallwood Park, couple guys here probably know it. Dad did well on the little Honda. I watched him and everything else like a hawk.....and after a few miles, he raised my comfort level. He did pretty well actually, of COURSE he did<LOL>

When Kerry got the Zuk, we kept her Honda here. A couple times when Dad came down from NY, we all went riding, last time we rode to his cousins in Hickory Point, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. We keep him off the bikes now...so don't worry.
kerry and dad riding.JPG

How cool is a moment in time like that?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thanks Y, I know that typing a story you must have told before, can be more a chore than a joy, but it is much appreciated, as are the pictures! I won't pester anymore, thanks............

You car guys might not remember this but there's a pic taken there of #2 KR coming out of ...wanna say #7 maybe??? at full lean, with the front tire in the air as he slides around the apex.

This is my fav "old person" bike story;

Kerry and I met in '12, she saw my bikes but of course had only ridden on the back....while we have intercoms and have fun, it's not quite as "hot " as it is when you're both 25, trust me.....lol...there's not enough room and the gas tank sticks UP on my largest bike, the Vstrom1000!!

6 months later my youngest daughter and I went to SF for a vacation and when we return a few days later, Kerry, all smiley-face, shows up with a E endorsement in MD, a license. why hon? "Because Dad has one" Kerry's Father- henceforth; Dad, is old, like really old (I did not commit suicide-lol )and JUST got his(fam of overachievers, big-wheel bikes, unicycles, jugglers)!

Dad only got it so he could ride the Classes little 185cc training bikes on the paths! Then he pestered the Instructors to be able to ride them when people weren't taking classes, and they let him, because he's prince-like! Fast forward three years;

This pic was taken 7 years ago from the cars in my driveway,

Dad, is now 93 but was 86 years old here is riding a 1973 CB350G. Kerry is riding a '82 turbo running 18psi. she is very speed-averse and she has never engaged the turbocharger. At 5-4, the bike is a near perfect fit for her and she's strong enough for it's piggish 560lbs till it gets going & easier of course. We all went for a ride up to Ft Smallwood Park, couple guys here probably know it. Dad did well on the little Honda. I watched him and everything else like a hawk.....and after a few miles, he raised my comfort level. He did pretty well actually, of COURSE he did<LOL>

When Kerry got the Zuk, we kept her Honda here. A couple times when Dad came down from NY, we all went riding, last time we rode to his cousins in Hickory Point, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. We keep him off the bikes now...so don't worry.
View attachment 341887

How cool is a moment in time like that?
They make for great memories

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Yeah, I'm still a fng, I ain't touching that other thread with a 20' pole Z.......... You got really nice stuff though!!
I like what I like.
I've never been one to drink the KOOLAID.
I suppose you recognize my avatar?
It's also my oldest tattoo

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Ha I rode a BMW 650 dualsport from 2006 to 2009 for work. Took all the fun out of riding and almost got hit too many times to count but thanks to anti lock brakes I didn't! That bike was kinda awesome though!