keeps flipping over

Jude curran

Location (City and/or State)
Glasgow
So....... about a month ago i took out a half log from my russian tortoise terrys enclusure, i put in a new one last week and today i saw in the morning terru was flipped over ( luckily he had only been like that for a few minutes ) but still gave me a scare, i went in 20 mins ago to check on him and he was fine , 5 miins later i go back and he had flipped over again. its because he is trying to climb up the log, should i take the log out or do any of you have any tips, any info is much appreciated

Jude curran

Glasgow
Taking the log out will prolly be best. Is it a log hide?
yeah its a log hide, he hasnt flipped over in the last week so im hoping he has learned his lesson lol. if i see hi flip over again i will take it out but he likes sleeping in it so i will leave it in for now.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I would replace with a hide he can not climb. No point in risking it IMHO.

Ramirezm2

5 Year Member
Elk Grove CA
yeah its a log hide, he hasnt flipped over in the last week so im hoping he has learned his lesson lol. if i see hi flip over again i will take it out but he likes sleeping in it so i will leave it in for now.
You can also make a ramp from the substrate as well and make a basking spot on top of the hide if the top is flat enough for your tort. I did this for sulcata hatchlings and also my desert tort since they would always flip over from these hides. Here’s a photo of how you can do this.

Attachments

• 0478C4C3-EE4A-4C2C-B901-70ADB865E91F.jpeg
    0478C4C3-EE4A-4C2C-B901-70ADB865E91F.jpeg
    741.7 KB · Views: 9