Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
whats CHE?
Ceramic heat emitter - it fits an E27 screw bulb holder but just gives heat. Great for night heat when darkness is needed or additional heat in bigger enclosures, but must be run through a thermostat to keep the temps even - not too hot or cold. They last for years I bought both from the Range about £60 total,
1624800120651.png can be black or cream depending on brand.

tamzsturg

Midlands, UK
Ceramic heat emitter - it fits an E27 screw bulb holder but just gives heat. Great for night heat when darkness is needed or additional heat in bigger enclosures, but must be run through a thermostat to keep the temps even - not too hot or cold. They last for years I bought both from the Range about £60 total,
View attachment 328011 can be black or cream depending on brand.
Does the basking lamp also need to be ran through a thermostat or can that just be controlled by checking the temp using a regular digital thermometer?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Does the basking lamp also need to be ran through a thermostat or can that just be controlled by checking the temp using a regular digital thermometer?
My basking lamp is hung vertically (which is safer than clamps) and and I set and the height by using an upturned bowl the size of the tort to get the recommended temps. It can be adjusted by raising or lowering it, I check it to make sure it's still Ok as he grows but he's a big tort and has a whole adapted room he can move around to cool off when he needs.

tamzsturg

Midlands, UK
Just another little update. Tarquin is still being bathed every few hours, he’s eaten a little bit of food today on his own accord, his dandelion dried pellet food that we wet, and is in our other room which is tortoise proofed. It has its own thermostat - the heating is cranked up to 25.5°C, and he also has his heat lamps on. Just about to order new lamps now as current aren’t hot enough and just wanted to run the list past you guys!
- Arcadia Basking Solar 100w Floodlight (will adjust height accordingly before i put him under it)
- Arcadia Ceramic Heater 100w
- Exo Terra Thermostat 100w
- Lucky Reptile Digital Thermometer
- Orchid Bark Coarse Substrate (for new hide that we are making and will keep humid with misting and the new night time bulb)
thanks for everyones help over the pass couple of days i really appreciate it
(edit: our blender recently broke so i cant make my own electrolyte bath for him so ive seen exo terra have an electrolyte supplement i could mix in the water)