LED UVB

LNJ

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
Can you kind folks recommend some screw in UVB LED bulbs that are acceptable?
Not looking for the hood kind which I already own. Just looking for the E26/27 type and preferably something available in Canada or on Amazon.

Thank you kindly!

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
If you already have a t5 tube fluorescent uvb bulb, you don’t need a screw in one, the screw in compact uv bulbs aren’t appropriate anyway🙂

Were you looking for some ambient lighting options or a basking light?

What kind of tortoise do you have? Baby or adult?😊

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Totally agree, another one isn't needed and the tube fluorescent are the only safe and appropriate ones.

Alex and the Redfoot

Platinum Tortoise Club
Cyprus
Can you kind folks recommend some screw in UVB LED bulbs that are acceptable?
Not looking for the hood kind which I already own. Just looking for the E26/27 type and preferably something available in Canada or on Amazon.

Thank you kindly!
Perhaps, only ZooMed Reptisun UVB/LED, 9 W fits. However, keep in mind that it's a powerful source of UV and should be installed at proper distance (ideally, checked with a Solarmeter). Also, at the moment UVB LEDs have some problems with output spectrum and correct regulation of D3 synthesis (in theory, under UVB/LED animal can get D3 overdose).

I would not trust cheap chinese lamps. There are real health risks when using these. E.g. https://tomaskas.co.uk/lamp-report-vivtech-uvb-led-lamps/

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Horsefield but I want to try the screw in ones in a couple of areas in my enclosure.
There are a couple on Amazon which I may try if someone has positive experiences with them.
These ones:
With your t5 bulb these honestly aren’t necessary and could pose some potential problems. If you’re looking for more lighting in your enclosure, regular LED’s are fine🙂

Feel free to check out this thread on indoor housing for Russians, I go over lighting&heating, as well as the uv, levels, sizing ect. There’s a really handy diet link in there too