Leeroy!!! Wake up!! I miss you!

easyreiter

5 Year Member
My Sonoran has sleeping since October. California weather has been crazy!! Hot cold thunder storms... But is it time to put his house outside and see if he's ready to come on out? Maybe a bath?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Have you been checking in on him? Is he doing alright? Where has his house been during his sleep? Where in California do you live? I mean, what are the temps in your area day and also at night?

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Where has he been brumating? It may just be a matter of moving his brumation/hibernation container outside to warmer temps (still in the shade) to seeing daylight/ time changes. My DT's weren't stirring at all in their boxes in the garage. Once I had their enclosures completed (much later than my wanted completion date). I took their boxes and them outside, and low and behold they were stirring and slowly waking up. Gave them good warm soaks, placed them in their new remodeled enclosures just inside each burrow. It's been 3 weeks now, and they are loving the sunshine, eating really well and getting some soaks still too. If they could talk, I'm sure their saying WOW! LOVING THIS!. Hahaha I'm really, really pleased with them touring their new enclosures, looking great, soaking in their sun and heat and finding their burrows for shade and cooler temps too. The loud sound you hear is me patting my sore back for a job well worth it. It was painful for me and my bad back, took alot of time to make their enclosures bigger and even more functional and eye appealing too. The payoff has arrived, they really are more happier, eating great, looking great and not even closely resembling their "I need to escape modes" (caveat, so far all is fabulous).