Leopard Eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Neal said:
Is this the small refrigerator type with the glass front? If so, my concern is that the temperature at the top could be as much as 8 degrees more than the temperature on the bottom. If you only have a few eggs that you can set right in the middle, than it works really well, but if you're incubating a lot of eggs, that 8 degree differential could mean death for the ones on top and no development for the ones on the bottom.

10 eggs is very good! How big is your female?

Neal, the Reptibator is the same shape and size as the Hovabator. It just has a built in proportional thermostat with the sensor just below the clear plastic lid. I don't see it having any trouble keeping a consistent temperature, and there is only room for one layer of eggs. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038Z5RMU/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I thought 10 eggs was pretty good for a first clutch too. My female is 13" and 8 years old. What is the average clutch size for a first-timer, and for older/bigger leopards?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
OK, yeah I was thinking of a completely different one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JLWVX2/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

The one you have is definitely one of the better ones I have heard of, where did you find it at?

I have a small female (around 11 inches) who's average is 8 eggs per clutch every 3 weeks from July through November. She's kept that up for the past three years. My bigger female (around 14 inches) just started laying and she is averaging 10 every 3 weeks.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Neal said:
OK, yeah I was thinking of a completely different one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JLWVX2/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

The one you have is definitely one of the better ones I have heard of, where did you find it at?

I have a small female (around 11 inches) who's average is 8 eggs per clutch every 3 weeks from July through November. She's kept that up for the past three years. My bigger female (around 14 inches) just started laying and she is averaging 10 every 3 weeks.

I got it at Az Reptile Center because I didn't want to wait for it to be shipped. Petco had them online for $103, but they had 20% off everything, so it would have been just over $80 with free shipping. Due to my impatience, I spent double that. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info on your female's clutches. I will keep my eyes open for more from mine.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Those are great, I had to buy some extra incubators last season and had so much trouble with the waffers going bad in them I got that same kind. Worked great adjusted temps on its own. Was worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.