Leopard Gecko Ages?

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I have a leopard gecko that is 13 years old. I was curious to see if anyone else has any "senior" leopards and at what age. Or perhaps a past gecko lived to be an impressive age?
I've heard that they can live to be 20…

Melis

Maryland
I had one for 10 years. And don't think you can talk about him and not post a pic! Lol

Ghazan

5 Year Member
My oldest female is 19 or 20 years old, another one is 18 and 16 years old (1 female, 2 males). Still eating strong and no slowing ...

Bambam1989

East Texas
My oldest female is 19 or 20 years old, another one is 18 and 16 years old (1 female, 2 males). Still eating strong and no slowing ...
Mine used to lay eggs(never exposed to a male) but she hasn't done that for a few years now. Gecko menopause[emoji1]

Bambam1989

East Texas
She was a PetSmart gecko. I bought her for only a few dollars because she was blind in one eye or almost blind. She has no depth perception and usually can't catch prey(she tries and sometimes gets lucky). When I got her she was very skinny and I wasn't sure if she would live.
In the winter I buy crickets and superworms for her, once the weather warms up she gets grasshoppers and things that we catch from outside. (Large property, no risk of pesticides)
I sometimes wonder if the wild caught food has been one of the reasons she has done so well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
She was a PetSmart gecko. I bought her for only a few dollars because she was blind in one eye or almost blind. She has no depth perception and usually can't catch prey(she tries and sometimes gets lucky). When I got her she was very skinny and I wasn't sure if she would live.
In the winter I buy crickets and superworms for her, once the weather warms up she gets grasshoppers and things that we catch from outside. (Large property, no risk of pesticides)
I sometimes wonder if the wild caught food has been one of the reasons she has done so well.
Sounds like she got lucky finding you. I have always wanted one. But for now my tort is enough.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Sounds like she got lucky finding you. I have always wanted one. But for now my tort is enough.
I want more pets, when I mention it to my hubby he magically becomes hard of hearing..
Me- honey I want to get a parrot. Maybe a cockatoo or macaw.
Hubby- *walks out of room with fingers stuffed in his ears* I can't hear you!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I want more pets, when I mention it to my hubby he magically becomes hard of hearing..
Me- honey I want to get a parrot. Maybe a cockatoo or macaw.
Hubby- *walks out of room with fingers stuffed in his ears* I can't hear you!
Lol. My hubby says, Sure but whats going? His policy is if one comes in then one must go out.[emoji22]

Greta16

Western Maine
I thought my husband wouldn't be too happy about my son's bearded coming to live with us...we have the tort Hermie, 3 cats, a dog, and a pig. He was fine thought and seems to like him. It may help that Bud is residing on his bureau. Lol

KrissyLeigh

Today is my birthday!
south Texas
Mine are not seniors, but I love them. So entertaining, especially because they are complete opposite in personality. They are housed separately. Sunny is SO SWEET and gentle, she's my angelbaby.

Princess is a TOTAL BUTTHEAD. Every time I put my hand in the enclosure he comes charging out of his hide to attack me. If he does get ahold of one of my fingers, he doesn't let go and it's a little stressful trying to pry his mouth open without hurting him. I can't handle him at all, and he is a larger size gecko with an even bigger attitude!!! And he's a lovely lavender and orange colors which amuses me. I have had him for a year and he is still just as aggressive, little turd. But it's ok, he is a 'look don't touch pet' !!!

Bambam1989

East Texas
I have begun making a new background for Gecko out of foam. All I have left is to coat it (I will use silicone and sand) I saw quite a few of these done on YouTube, mostly for bearded dragons and decided to give it a try. Unfortunately the temperature outside is too cold for the silicone to set and I must wait for warmer weather.
I'll have to post a pic when it is done.

KrissyLeigh

Today is my birthday!
south Texas
I have begun making a new background for Gecko out of foam. All I have left is to coat it (I will use silicone and sand) I saw quite a few of these done on YouTube, mostly for bearded dragons and decided to give it a try. Unfortunately the temperature outside is too cold for the silicone to set and I must wait for warmer weather.
I'll have to post a pic when it is done.

Something like this? My Leo absolutely loves it, she climbs on it every day. I was going to put some succulents on the large ledge, having read that Leos don't climb, but changed my mind when I saw that she is all over it all the time! I'm working on a second background now that will be a same process, but different looking

Attachments

• 20170506_160358.jpg
    20170506_160358.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20170509_105715.jpg
    20170509_105715.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10

Bambam1989

East Texas
Something like this? My Leo absolutely loves it, she climbs on it every day. I was going to put some succulents on the large ledge, having read that Leos don't climb, but changed my mind when I saw that she is all over it all the time! I'm working on a second background now that will be a same process, but different looking
Similar, slightly different look.
Mine won't be quite as climbable since her eye sight is bad and I'm paranoid. But there will be a ledge and "rock" stairs leading to it as well as some crevices for her to wedge into.