Leopard hibernation

Suebev

Location (City and/or State)
Spain
Hi, my Leopard is about 18 months old. I have noticed this last week that he is not eating as much as normal and hardly defacating. I know leopards don’t hibernate but do they just slow down? Should I still be bathing him every day?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My12 year old leopard slows down in the winter and eats less but you need to make sure your day and night temps are high enough for him to remain active. This caresheet will help you check that
I think our UK temps will be lower than yours at the moment (who knows with climate change now?) and my tort lives inside all year around but he is still active and on dry warm days he goes outside to graze and bask in a sheltered spot, with a nice cosy hide to come back to and recharge when he wants. He also has an Arcadia T5 HO tube kit for UVB now.

Can you post a picture of his enclosure with details of the lamps you are using? Members can then help you make any changes you may need.

I soak my leopard every 2 -3 days and soak his food to help keep him hydrated.

Reactions: Ink

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, mine slows too. But they still need to be kept the same way. Feed every day, lights on 12 hours, heat and basking should still be on point, etc.