LEPRACUTTAS' SPORT'N NEW COLOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
It's ,,,, been awhile and these two are really starting to change color. The smaller one has always been the darker of the two, while the larger one, much lighter and showing some wild marbling. Although the darker one is starting to show white in new growth area as well.
Enjoy~
a45.jpg
a44.jpg
a51.jpg
a48.jpg

a46.jpg

a47.jpg

a49.jpg

JD~:)

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I Don't Know one Sulcata that doesn't love Muzuri

luke

5 Year Member
SoCal
nice tort pics. I like the lighter color one.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
lushcious said:
Such pretty shells! Is it really hard to make them smooth?

Interesting thing and case study for me ….These two have been brought up the same . Both kept in 40-60 humidity since day one , outside during the day and misted several times as well. Both seem to be growing very nicely and the smaller of the two , a wee bit more bumpy. Also, as I have watched them grow , I see more leopard “carapace” shape , being high domed and of course the usual leo “ bumpy” . The topic goes round and round in here all the time about pyramiding , and advise from so many people about pyramiding issues , this and that (too much not enough ect) , yet I don’t know anyone who have produced these, or even have seen adults. I still firmly believe genetics , and species type play a major role when it comes to the “pyramid issue” not just diet or temps/humidity. Out of the 1,000’s of Leos I have seen “most” do show more bumpiness in shell structure than any other tortoise ….( Stars will show this same characteristic when maturing too). Nevertheless, both are a pride and joy to own and you can bet I will be able to provide accurate documentation ( not second hand info) as these guys mature.

JD~:shy:

GotTurtles said:
Will these tortoises be fertile? Just wondering.

we wont know till years down the line ........

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I think they look good even with the bumps, gives them more character.. I would gladly take one with out hesitation!!! :p:p

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
That's so fascinating! I didn't know you could cross-breed tortoises. My husband is always talking about cross-breeding animals lol

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Zamric said:
baron101 said:
i love sulcatas! yours are pretty

These are cross breeds...Leopards/Sulcatas....and oh so cute!

JD, any idea how large they will get?

Z'man.....not sure but they have started really to put on some size. Part of the adventure....:D

PS: Thanks for clarifying above....Does anyone really read the information?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.