Less then 24 hrs and already lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Beautiful sulcata! So glad you found him. I lost my 3 year old female and I found her because I was walking by the woods and heard the sticks crunching and breaking. One good thing about having large torts lol

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet glad you found him .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Gorgeous tort! Glad you found him!!! I also have a 12 year old son with Asperger's. He too can't find things in plain sight but makes up for it elsewhere hahaha. [WINKING FACE][TURTLE]

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Elohi said:
Gorgeous tort! Glad you found him!!! I also have a 12 year old son with Asperger's. He too can't find things in plain sight but makes up for it elsewhere hahaha. [WINKING FACE][TURTLE]

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Thanks! Yeah my kid is quirky but by far the easiest out of my 3. But mainly will only talk about minecraft, science, and cats. Forever. whether or not anyone is listening. Lol

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Thanks! Yeah my kid is quirky but by far the easiest out of my 3. But mainly will only talk about minecraft, science, and cats. Forever. whether or not anyone is listening. Lol

LMAO!! Love it! OMG I couldn't help but LOL! My son is the same! Except it's minecraft, pianos, and rocks (minerals and gems more specifically). The. Talking. Never. Stops. [FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD]

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Yay!! I'm glad this has a happy ending! Lesson learned the hard way - Tortoises are escape artists!! Time to beef up security around your perimeter :)

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
He looks like he's in trouble!
Good looking tort, so glad your son found him :)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Well, phew, glad that tortoise keeper lesson is out of the way early on. Happy, happy that you found the little rebel. And super cool to hear that your little boy found him. Special children, and they have a 6th sense with animals. This tortoise will be a good family member for him. Maybe he can help you secure the enclosure. Seriously, great news! We all knew how you felt last night.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Linz2491 said:
N2TORTS said:
any luck ? ...... Do you or a friend own a dog? Use the dog now while you have daylight and " track um" . Most canines will pick up on the torts scent right away and follow it to the source.
And as others have mentioned ….Welcome to your first learning experience with torts. I would be safe to say most folks who own big torts , this same scenario has happened once in their lifetime...Don't let it get you down ~ Good luck .. And keep us posted
:)

We found him!! The little brat was in a place that I looked at least 5 times! My 12 year son found him which is a miracle cuz my son has asbergers and can hardly find the nose on his face lol.y dogs totally let me down, I had them all out with me looking hoping they wohld track him and they didn't find him at all!

He is a grounded tortoise today and is hanging and sulking in the house.

EXCELLENT!!!!! ..... Now beef up security~ ;):)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
You can also use a barrier in front of the gate ways that you can step over but if the gate is a traffic area and left open in error the barrier will keep the nomad in....:p

AbbyWheeler

5 Year Member
I'm sorry to listen to this. My tortoises are most effective an time after the sun rising. Let me know What place on the globe do you stay in? What are the elements like there now? Maybe I can help you.

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
AbbyWheeler said:
I'm sorry to listen to this. My tortoises are most effective an time after the sun rising. Let me know What place on the globe do you stay in? What are the elements like there now? Maybe I can help you.

Thanks for the offer but he was found thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.