Levi the Leopard turned 5!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
If I had any doubts about where on the spectrum my PB/PP mutt was before, they are all gone now. He's not on the PB pretty rock side, he's on the PP going to roll you over boulder side!

Levi is way more, let's call it "outgoing" than I ever thought he'd be. :rolleyes:

He loves his yard. It's HIS yard after all. So, you better not venture into it or your ankles will pay the price. Especially when/ but no longer limited to those wearing pink Crocs.

If you walk into the backyard while he's basking, he'll charge you.
If you walk into the backyard while he's eating, he'll charge you.
If you're a man, woman, child or dog, he'll charge you.
If he's sees you through the patio slider, he'll climb the step and charge the door pretending it's you.
I haven't seen him charge any birds....lucky.

With his new attitude comes new changes to the yard. Excuse me, HIS yard.

I don't want him falling off the back step by the slider and getting stuck upside down. Does he even care that I care?

I don't want the old man (our 12yr old dog) to constantly be on the run when we are outside.
**no worries folks, the dog is out when we are out, always supervised**

I don't want the kids to bruise, like I have. Darn those sneak attacks!! It's supposed to be their yard to play in anyway...

So, we've decided to block off the patio to create a Safe Space. Ha!

20170501_125621.jpg
20170507_144323.jpg
20170501_125618.jpg

Levi can no longer access the patio step, the dog can lie down in peace, me and friend can chat at the bistro set without it turning into a tortoise go-round.
Oh ya, about that....If I sit in the swivel chair, Levi will ram my foot and spin me in circles....over and over again.
No more tortoise go-round! Well, maybe once more, video taped to show you all ;)

We also reinforced the Turtle-Time-Out gate. This is where Levi goes into time out when kids are out playing or if the dog is put outside without us.

20170506_145642.jpg

I like to think I'm a step ahead of a 15lb tortoise. But really, I'm always just catching up. :cool: :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
cute-cartoon-green-turtles-clip-art-stock-photography-image-4086942-9dUVtB-clipart.png

Happy Birthday, Levi!!!

(All of my leopards are "pretty rocks.")

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI. Your looking great. I can't believe he is so big. My Tatum turned 6 back in March/April and doesnt seem to have grown much the last year or so in size or weight.
Would love to see the vid you spoke of and a close up of Levi next to shoe or something so we can get the true pic of his size.
My other male, Billy (used to be Lillie) is a charger, but not as bad as Levi sounds.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I just put this together with a few clips from this past week.
It's hard to take the videos when I'm by myself, I'll see if my husband will take some of him chasing me... LOL

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He really pushes hard. Has he tried to bite at all? My Billy, I don't trust if he comes towards my feet. He has tried to bite once. I keep a close eye now.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
He really pushes hard. Has he tried to bite at all? My Billy, I don't trust if he comes towards my feet. He has tried to bite once. I keep a close eye now.

No, he's never attempted a bite and hopefully he didn't hear you! :rolleyes:

For some reason I cant get your video to play.

I'm sorry, it's a YouTube link. Don't know how to help ya. :tort:?