10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi guys
Just wondered is this a good lamp for a tortoise enclosure:
Cheers
Mark
I like it dark at night for my reptiles. I can't think of a good reason to use a glow in the dark fixture.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Good point. Is this a good one for daytime hours?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0991N5QST/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
No. The wattage rating is too low.

Its best to avoid "pet" marketed products. Go to the hardware store and get a ceramic based fixture with a dome, a hanger, and an 8 foot heavy duty cord for about $13 US.

Or get the "regular" version of the first one you linked but without the glow-in-the-dark feature.

Mark C

UK

Its best to avoid "pet" marketed products. Go to the hardware store and get a ceramic based fixture with a dome, a hanger, and an 8 foot heavy duty cord for about $13 US.

Or get the "regular" version of the first one you linked but without the glow-in-the-dark feature.
Fantastic thanks Tom

Mark C

UK

Mark C

UK

I think we're finding it confusing knowing what to get. Is this one worth considering with an arcadia lighting system?50W Reptile Heating Bulb - E27 UVA UVB Full Spectrum Sum Lamp Sunbathe Heat light for Lizard Turtle Snakes Aquarium Aquatic Reptile and Amphibian (2-Pack) https://amzn.eu/d/adNn36i

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I like it dark at night for my reptiles. I can't think of a good reason to use a glow in the dark fixture.
I've got two over three of my Chameleons cages.
The "glow on the dark" effect is very temporary. It lasts no more than 10 minutes